H8V8S Yamaha Quad of iminant death

Bombsquad

So after being obsessed with quads since i was little and having neither the space, money or time to get one (i would have been happy with a farm bike ffs) a few of my mates are now buying dirtbikes for trail riding so I decided it was time to complete another of my childhood dreams and get one.

So here we are..

The beast ive got myself is 95 Yamaha Warrior, 350cc 4 stroke, 6 speed box, twist throttle, chain drive with solid axle. Was owned by a quad bike nutcase so has had a bit of tweaking, easily pops wheelies and scares the crap outta me to ride it so should be fun.

It needs a fuckin good clean up, new chain, seat recovered etc which I will do soon and will also get pics up here for those interested as its something i havnt seen on here before.

yeah it was another one of my pointless impulse buys, and yes need ute asap.

Went out to the farm to play round today and the old boy had had a look over it, so the first sentance out of his mouth is fuck theres alot you need to to before you ride it :x

Turned out to all be things i knew already and fuck all to fix in reality apart from him picking up on a loose rear wheel which was good cos i missed it, 5 mins and a new split pin later she was all good and tight and ready to go.

Also gave it a waterblast and took a couple of pix which ill chuck up later.

Next on the list is recover the seat (its fucked) and bust out the Jiff and continue with tidy up 8)

just along by the hospital between bader st lights (lorne st)and pembroke st lights theres a red 620 flat deck

for sale may be worth an enquiry

owned by those taxi driving cunts on the corner.

also go buy yourself a leatt brace ,

coz odds are that thing will end up on top of you one day

and it'll be the best $450 you spend when it saves your neck

just along by the hospital between bader st lights (lorne st)and pembroke st lights theres a red 620 flat deck

for sale may be worth an enquiry

yeah ive actually been eyeing it up for awhile :lol:

And yes agree re kneck brace as alot of my mates have told me theres a high chance ill flip it,

pretty much if you don't fall off you're not pushing hard

enough,

trouble is quads are heavy and do damage when they land on you,

I've rolled a couple one on the beach clowning around doing donuts (sorry dad)

and one doing wheelies,

best bet is jump off and let it go if death is iminent

went and had a look at that datsun ute today, i reckon they want too much and couldnt be fucked haggling so ill just rock the car trailer.

Progress on the quad so far...

Pulled off both rear wheels and checked splines, regreased and refitted with new split pins.

Seats off being recovered at the moment so hopefully get that back this weekend.

Next on the list..

Im going to attempt to lower the front abit as it has a weird shock setup in it which brings the front very high and makes it abit twitchy, will look into benifits of less travel first though.

New brakepads all round,

Lower motocross spec handle bars,

Attempt to sticker the plastics up with that vynli stuff they cover cars with as i cant find plastics the colour i want

a mate of mine does mx graphics,

bds i think

brad's dodgee signage

he would be the man to do it tell him what you want and he

designs prints and lays it,

leave it with heaps of travel you'll need it,

do a heap of trail rides as it is before you change anything,

or even change it on a trail ride ,

i'm 20kg lighter than the guy i got my rmz off and all i did was wind

down the back spring a turn and a half and the rebound down a click,

as it was bouncing on landing bigger jumps

sweet may hit up your mate, a couple of my mates work for rivercity and our neighbour owns stripes and signs aswell lol. its nto to tricky cos i only want plain white at the moment seeing the bikes frame is blue.

I only planning on using the bike for mild trail rides with mates (they are on cr80, rm85 and a 90cc chinese quad :? ) aswell as skids on my road, trips to the petrol station and wheelies later when im used to it.

So brought it home tonight to start the cleanup/fix mission.

Straight away it needs two new upper ball joints and a new lower steering bearing :doubt:

Also left front rim has a meaty buckle :x

Front bushes are all good though which is a bonus.

Plastics cleaned up nice with thinners, was carefull with this as i had visions of melting them but seems to have worked fine lol

did someone say photos

when I first picked it up...

DSCN1616-1.jpg

DSCN1617.jpg

Stripped down for tidy up/the first clean its had in years

DSCN1671.jpg

Mmmm chain driven rwd = easy drifting

DSCN1672.jpg

The first to things to replace,

DSCN1674.jpg

going to build a custom front nudge bar (hopefully find something on tm and adapt to suit) and then a new rear bar thingy, i dunno what this really does but its great for pickin up the arse of the bike if i get stuck

Also seat is still away being recovered, was hoping it would be done by now but cant rush mates rates

• 3 months later...

Well I havnt done anything magor with this thing for awhile now due to having so many other projects on the go, but picked up my seat for the upholsterer the other day so thought id chuck up a progress pic as its looking a bit better.

DSCN2048.jpg

Im gonna make a to do list in the hope of actually getting the thing complete and rideable:

Front shocks are fucked so have to decide if I care enough to replace them or just boogy them up as they are,

Needs a new lower steering bearing as thats shagged too,

Flat rear tyre,

Remove and tidy up the exhaust,

Rear brake pads as the brakes are metal on metal,

Clean up a rusty spot on the frame,

Make new front and rear nudge bars,

Make new wider lower arms to increase track width and front camber,

Or just sell it :lol:

Lol what it owes me and what id sell it for are two different things :wink:

Pm me with an offer if you like but im not fussed if i sell it.

I look on trademe too but quads are either shitty as fuck and chinese or rooted beach hacks and all way over priced imo. The only other warrior like this ive seen for sale they want 3500 for it :?