TH350 trans help

filthy one

na think its fucked . I found out its got a manual shiftkit fitted so I disconnected the vac hose & now it shifts into 3rd smooth but slips . As in the engine revs but the car doesn't pick up speed then it kind of grabs hold & will drive ok. It drives fine cruising in 3rd but try to speed up & she slips ..

Talked to a mate who works for a trans shop hes suggested a bottle of Lucas trans slip fluid apperantly its bloody good & because the trans has been sitting for a couple of years he said it may have a shitty film on the plates & need a bit of use etc ..Might as well try it i guess only other option it take the fucker out again .. I have a full rebuilt kit $300/400 so i guess it not the end of the world .Just such a shit to take it out again

hmmmm damn would guess the bands would either need adjustment or the clutches are toast.

does it launch hard in first?

yep fries tyres first & well into 2nd but 3rd just goes weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

adjustment won't fix that then - clutches would be well fucked if thats the case.. get trans builder to chuck some extra clutch plates in there if you plan on doing mucho skids..

(oh BTW I don't know fuck all about TH350's - I am thinking about P-Glides and assuming hop up options will work for TH350's on the same basis)