Toyota Crown Chassis

R100

seperate chassis all the way up to 140 series early to mid 90's. There are crown majesta's made around the same time that are unibody so watch out for those.

What are you planning

Not planning anything at the moment. But i saw a chassis the other day at a mates shop. He didnt know what it was, thought maybe a Crown.

Looked like a great basis for a project. I usually just buy heapsa random stuff and let my imagination see what it comes up with.

IRS? If you get a pic we can rule out if its a crown one pretty quick.

Crown chassis are tight around the front suspension arms, and the main fron crossmemeber section in tight. makes 90 degree v8 installations interesting, 1UZ will drop into the late model ones with factory mounts and manifolds though.

JZS145 = NOT full seperate Chassis.

It shows a front, centre and rear sections.

Just let me know Model codes/Rego Numbers and i can run it though my Toyota parts catalogue.

are you sure? because there is one in the driveway at home that very much has a full chassis. Plus another one we pulled the body off last year

If the chassis in your mates shop is crown one they have the chassis number stamped in the front cross-member

Just let me know Model codes/Rego Numbers and i can run it though my Toyota parts catalogue.

are you sure? because there is one in the driveway at home that very much has a full chassis. Plus another one we pulled the body off last year

If the chassis in your mates shop is crown one they have the chassis number stamped in the front cross-member

QFT.

got a couple of pics of 140 series crown shazza too FYI. Yea theres a guy in auckland who uses them as bases for ac cobra kit cars, makes a kevlar shell etc, is pretty sweet. Also very popular in the states for hot rod bases

IRS? If you get a pic we can rule out if its a crown one pretty quick.

Crown chassis are tight around the front suspension arms, and the main fron crossmemeber section in tight. makes 90 degree v8 installations interesting, 1UZ will drop into the late model ones with factory mounts and manifolds though.

His chassis was IRS altho he was removing the IRS and fitting a solid axle. Think hes dropping some old ford truck cab onto it.

I want a chassis now. Will be keeping my eyes out on tardme.

Just looked it up on Toyota Microcat.

Its not listed as a single unit like, say a Hilux.

I think Josh means it has a separate chassis but it consists of three sections (front mid rear) which I assume bolt up to each other, though I didn't recall seeing that when I had a good nosey at that 140 series chassis sitting around.

I think Josh means it has a separate chassis but it consists of three sections (front mid rear) which I assume bolt up to each other, though I didn't recall seeing that when I had a good nosey at that 140 series chassis sitting around.

Yea they dont do that, my bet of a left nut still stands