TGB's KX125 ring ding ding

thegreatestben

Didn't get to spend as much time on the bike as I had intended today.

I've never played with a bike like this before and barely remember taking it apart so it's fun working out how things are meant to go back together.

Especially when I inspect all the needle roller bearings in the rear swing arms to see that they are all rooted :(

Can only buy them from bike shops and they seem to be very expensive going by prices I've seen on trade me. I decided to make some bushes instead using the internal part of the original roller bearing and some meke lubricant impregnated plastic stuff which I've ordered ($22.50 for 100mm length :shock: ) I only need two bushes about 30mm long but I thought having extra just in case could be a good idea.

So yeah now it looks like this:

16022010312.jpg

It's a shame I'm too lazy to fix cosmetic stuff, but thats just time and money I don't really want to spend. I will probably stack it/drop it a few times within a couple of minutes of the first ride anyway.

P.s. For those who think the motor looks like it's sitting funny, it is. It's got a bolt holding it in the wrong place out've the way for now 8)

• 3 weeks later...

Got her fired into life on friday.

My float level was too high and fuel was pouring out of many orifices.

Fixed that, radiator has a slight weep, will replace.

Fuel tank has a bolt stuck in one of the nuts that are formed into the plastic, will swap to other tank.

Looks pretty average, frame goes largely unnoticed because everything else is ham.

Might crack out some olive drab if it can be had for cheaps.