NZDMAE86's 95 KDX220 of road legalness

Vintage Grumble

Got me a KDX220, is still road legal, has a WOF, reg on hold. Nothing better then a two stroke enduro on the road! Rebuilding motor at the moment, as it had a gumed up power valve. Doing a few other minor things to it, will slap up some pic's soon, this is what it looked like when I got's it's:

114976413_full.jpg

Much to some ppls horror I am de-purpleing it, as I hate purple, so will soon be all green white and black!

I would also like to take this opportunity to say good bye to this little fella, the gosh darn best motorbike i've ever owned, sad to see it go, but I got piss all money, and piss all shed space, so It had to go to make way for the KDX.

DSC09926.jpg

Sold it to an old dude with a Harley, and no licence, so is gonna use it to get legal.

This is my first MX/Enduro bike, so have a bit to learn about maintaining it and riding it properly, but should be fun!

Yeh, im looking foward to having a blast with a working power valve, should be chur. Dont have much money to spend on it tho, so will remain pretty std for the time being.

Old dude that was gonna buy my YB has pulled out, is going to borrow a bike to get legal, cunt, so if anyone is interested:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =265749373

$900.00 and shes all yours.

Kinda wish I had gone for the kdx over the klx... Miss the smell and ting ting of 2 smoke...

Not to mention the instant crap your pants back wheel action when ya give it a fistfull

Yeh, I was looking at a KLX, but was a bit pricey for me, plus after riding Jonny B's (Waimaks on here) RMX250 a few times, I decided 2 stroke was the only way, is amazing how much power they make for such a lil motor.

Got most of the parts on Sat, a few bits were wrong, as its jap import, some bits are diff to the ones that came out here, but got what I need to put it back togeather, just waiting on parts dude to find out torque setting for head n shit. Will post some top notch cell ph pics later. Churs.

Back together yet?

Getting close, got the info I needed today, so motor can go back togeather, should be going by the weekend!!!!11!!!!!1

Some pics! Moments after getting it,

Image001-1.jpg

Image002.jpg

Being a jap spec bike it had this behind/under the seat

Image020.jpg

Hole in tank had been fixed with hot glue, was shit, so ripped all the oiling gear off, made a plate to cover oil pump hole

Image004-1.jpg

Got a new chain through work, and a front sprocket/gaskets/front shock boot things in black from Kawasaki

Image024.jpg

No more purple!

Image025.jpg

Took snork out of air box, ment to help a bit

Image026.jpg

KIPS bizo all back togeather

Image027.jpg

Motor should be back in frame tomorrow, CHUR.

up jet carb a little when going premix

fuel is thicker ect

you may already know this but im just typing for the funs of it

I had wondered if you had to do anything when changing to premix, any set rule as to how much bigger you should go? I was thinking of taking the guts out of the tune pipe (they have sound deadning in there) ment to be a mean pipe after being gutted, and would have to re-jet after doing that also. Cos this is the "SR" / road version its got extra sound deadning and a smaller carb, so a bit down on power then the std one, so am keen to free it up a bit.

Are you supposed to do sprockets at same time as chain? Or no biggie? Got chain on mine last night and took if for a good thrash. God I can't wait to finish work and get back up the hill...

Hey, out of interest, what did you pay for the shock sleeve boot things? My bike is 93/4 and also sports a dashing red/purple colour scheme. Luckily if I replace the seat and the sock boots it should look half decent/honda colours.

Are you supposed to do sprockets at same time as chain? Or no biggie? Got chain on mine last night and took if for a good thrash. God I can't wait to finish work and get back up the hill...

Hey, out of interest, what did you pay for the shock sleeve boot things? My bike is 93/4 and also sports a dashing red/purple colour scheme. Luckily if I replace the seat and the sock boots it should look half decent/honda colours.

Im not sure if your ment to do them all at once or not? My front cog and chain was super rooted, but the back looks fine, so left it.

The shock boots were like $40 for the pair, I think the brand was "gators" or summin? The factory purple ones are $110 each or some shit!?! Yeh, im getting my seat redone, as it was worn to shit, and purple, is going to be that fancy grippy black shit, seat will prolly hold me up tho, as dude takes ages to do anything.

Well, got this suka going on Friday night, got WOF and Reg on sat, weathers been shit, but have been for a few blasts. For a detuned "road" version, seems to go pretty good, am happy with the power while I learn, will no doubt want more in the future. Only down side I have found so far is it eats gas like a slut, 11L tank got me 110km, thats half on road, half off. Will be a bit of a pain now its premix, and will have to make a carrier to hold a gas container if I go for an adventure in the bush. Other thing you nice ppl might be able to tell me, is what mix of water/antifreeze are you ment to run in these?. Also will have to check that its not running lean. New seat and front shock covers have made it look a fair bit more modern, but have left the sweet KDX stickers on, so you know its 90's. This is what it looks like now:

DSC00053.jpg

DSC00054.jpg

Mate of mine is going to help me make some sweet graphics for it, to cover number boards n shit, will get onto that soon.

Cheers.