bleeding power steering?

ms53_wagon

i have a leak in my power steering pump and was going to pull it out to repair/replace.

when i put it back in, how do you go about bleeding the lines? I have never done power steering so not sure if thats what you do? must need to clear air from the lines though.... i had a quick look and couldnt see any valves to bleed??

would like to know what im up for if i pull it out, might be easier to leave it for a while if its gonna be a mission haha

cheers

I think technically they should be pressure filled. However...

I've previously just filled the reservoir and then with the car running, turn the wheel hard one way and then the other, several times, top up as necessary and continue to do so until there's no more bubbles coming up. Job done.

I think technically they should be pressure filled. However...

I've previously just filled the reservoir and then with the car running, turn the wheel hard one way and then the other, several times, top up as necessary and continue to do so until there's no more bubbles coming up. Job done.

ditto

cool,

pulled it out and it seems to be leaking around the top of the reservoir, pulled the lid off and the rubber gasket wasn't sealed properly so put it in correct. hopefully it will not leak again........otherwise she will have to come out again!!

cheers