Radiator Pipes - To big a diamater?

My name is Russell

static pressure that is

but yeah same volume flow rate, lower velocity. kinda hard to say whether it will be an issue or not without knowing what pump/flow/original pipe size was.

Static pressure is constant between diameters, its when it starts moving that pressure changes. Nothing to do with the question though haha.

It should be fine, iv seen some very ugly cooling system set ups and they worked ok.

Will you be replacing a smaller pipe or using it because you dont have one already?

More water holding = win IMO.

When I was having cooling issues an old cunt told me that when they used to mod cars they would try get as much length in the pipes as poss so they could hold more water which in turn stayed cooler. He didnt mention larger dia pipes tho sorry.

Whats original dia of pipe on the Fe3's?

Gaz

will the pump not maintain original pressure and so as velocity pressure has decreased static will increase?

Oh we talking bout different things. The velocity only changes in the section of pipe with the different diameter. I dont think the pressure at the pump would differ enough to make a difference.

I was talking about 8fe8d95e8b31880e495d141a3256e3db.png

Just a random equation that enplanes venturis / fluid flowing through different diameter pipes.

Conclusion:

Do it, will be fine as long as its all sealed :D