Cute Wee te Gem

Jase

• 1 month later...

Looks good man, love primer engine bays for some reason.

Got pics of the said 17's? :doubt:

Also I would sand those parts where you have used vivid/sharpie back to baremetal before you paint. It WILL come through the paint.

Gaz

Oh mint colour. Kinda similar to mine on Cortina except mine was alot more than $55 ! :twisted:

Gaz

There's a guy on TM that sells 5L of base coat for 45 bucks, bit vague on the colours (fuzzy pics) but I was stoked at the final outcome. I'll definitely be using him again.

Looks like alright paint too, just need a decent 2k clear over the top.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Paint/auction-249571806.htm

This guy, also does 5L auctions.

Still doing the minty colour on the vette?

Ahh I member looking at those auctions ages ago but he struggled to answer my questions. Is it all 2k stuff? If I use 2k then the 1k primer I have used so far would all need to be 2k primed over right? Got a price for 2k primer off the top of ya head? Also would need 2k clear? or can you use no clear on 2k?

Think Jute has decided on allot darker green now but she is still unsure. She is in garage right now working on it. I think if I could convince her to use one of them colours (beige being my choice :mrgreen: ) it would be good. Also good if I/we didn't get cancer lol.

Gaz

Just a base coat (not 2k) then I use 2k clear over the top for gloss. You don't have to use a 2k primer even with 2k paint.

I've done it this way on about 10 cars now and never had problems, using all sorts of brands, with 2k primers and without. Can't remember what 2k primer is worth, I like the normal stuff because ya can leave it sitting in an old spray gun and use it when ever you like. (I usually wash it out once a week though) and can throw it back in the tin without it going off :wink: