7m-ge leaking oil from distributor

bigfoot

i have a mx83 cressida and on the way home on friday it started missing under load. long story short: epic amounts of oil leaking from the distributor cap, pulled the dissy out to replace the seal and can't pull it apart. has anybody replaced the seal on these or is it a replace the whole thing. this thing is my daily and i live 17km from work :rolleyes:

sure its not the O-ring on the body of the distributor?

image022.jpg

definately not the o-ring because there is oil inside the distributor

Yea rotator shaft seal internally, will probably be a roll pin through that gear on the bottom and then the shaft is press fit on the bearing

no roll pin, took the rotor off but had no luck in taking off reluctor(cant remember what it called but the steel block that tells the ecu when it is at tdc etc) looks pressed on and pick up inside says DO NOT REMOVE

Sounds tricky. How about clean, degrease, chuck it back together so its running again and start tracking down a second hand one?

thats the plan at this stage. im making a pipe going from the hole in bottom of distributor to the dipstick hole and store dipstick in car