Pipe Bender?

ThePog

Any of you good ole boys got a pipe bender I can use to make up some headers for the mighty X?

I have designed the things in cad to use standard prebent sections from Autobend, but to actually buy the things the boys are a wee bit rich for my liking.... shit they must have some markup...

Ta

Yes the thought of dicking around with sand and heat just to get an average looking bend in a pipe doesn't amuse me, but then neither does getting stiffed for parts. I know what you mean about the mandrel bent parts, they are so much nicer, and what is the point of 3D modelling the parts all mint if you then have to make the headers out of shithouse bends...

I know a couple of boys in the industry who would pass on trade prices to me - if there is an account.... might have to give the ask tomorrow.

$12 a bend I could live with...

Well there would be 9 bends if I didn't make the primary's the same length, but I care so it is more like 20...

But I would probably only need 16 90degs as half of the bends are not a full 90 deg.

16 x 17 = $272

16 x 10 = $160

$160 I could probably hide from the wife, $272 = probably not.... :(

Thats how I intend to do it...buy a whole stack of 90 degree bends and chop them up, then epic weldy weldy

Talked to my wee man today, he said I can use his trade account at autobend - will need to see how much that will be, but it has to be cheaper... :D

I could be wrong.... but i've heard people mention 'donuts' before, which I assume is 4 90s in one ;) Might be a cheaper way to do it, then chop them to suit. This was probably in regards to intercooler piping, but you never know!