clutch help...wont disengage

Beaver

I wish I was in your shed/ nah probably too cold (it is 8 degress in mine so yours must be worse).

Please check the pilot bearing hole in the crankshaft with a torch if you have not already................. and some photos might help this cause if you get a chance

haha i wish u were in my shed too!! nah it wasnt to cold actually. have called it a day for today, back home now as the car is out at a mates. have tracked down old gearbox that used to be in car and am going to try that out when i next get the chance, and hopefully it works, which confirms that its the input shaft, in which case i will get another gbox.

i insepcted the pilot bearing hole, and you could see that something had been grabbing, but there was no damage.

at this stage i am 99.9999% sure that it will work perfectly with the old gbox back in

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pull and push on your front crank pulley, does the crank move at all? Get a click noise each way?

If yes you need to drop the sump and at least change the thrust washers.

*There is probably better and more accurate ways to check.

Pull and push on your front crank pulley, does the crank move at all? Get a click noise each way?

If yes you need to drop the sump and at least change the thrust washers.

*There is probably better and more accurate ways to check.

i think i can manage that haha, will check next time i go out to the car (it at a mates)