Friendlyfire's Chevette HS

wicked!!! Poppy inny lights are the best looking!! cool car - very tidy.

I built a HS replica when i was younger-with a 2.3. It never ran right even after spending alot of time on the engine and with a good cam plus my own homemade inlet to suit two hs6 carbs off a triumph 2500

The problem I think was that I started with a cf engine and they are low comp! bugger!

What axle are you running? I plonked the piazza one in and also the front vented discs- straight on- easy!!

Whats the centre console out of?

Have you posted this car up on chevettes.com? they would love its clean look...that said that forum has been a little quiet recently..

Cant wait to get back to NZ and select a car that wont have rust...hmmm Viva...Chevette...

And now I have my elford turbo engine to plonk into whatever i choose. :D

swift auto do alot of mini bits up here, maybe them?

Wouldnt have a set of early headlights knocking around would you?

na i dont sorry and yes the side mirrors were from swift auto i also got my bosskit for my chevette off them =)

wicked!!! Poppy inny lights are the best looking!! cool car - very tidy.

I built a HS replica when i was younger-with a 2.3. It never ran right even after spending alot of time on the engine and with a good cam plus my own homemade inlet to suit two hs6 carbs off a triumph 2500

The problem I think was that I started with a cf engine and they are low comp! bugger!

What axle are you running? I plonked the piazza one in and also the front vented discs- straight on- easy!!

Whats the centre console out of?

Have you posted this car up on chevettes.com? they would love its clean look...that said that forum has been a little quiet recently..

Cant wait to get back to NZ and select a car that wont have rust...hmmm Viva...Chevette...

And now I have my elford turbo engine to plonk into whatever i choose. :D

axle is from a holden gemini i would love to put on piazza front discs and LSD disc brake diff into my chevette if only i can find one :( , centre console was custom made by previour owner so i have no idea sorry, will pop my car up on chevettes.com right now :D we also have a vauxhall hc viva 1800 sitting at my place that we use to thrash our paddock with, is dereg and no WOF=)

sweet- love vivas ! I have an hb i'm currently fitting a 1600x flo into.

Plus we have a 4 door chevette i need to weld up.

All Piazzas here in blighty are turbo so have linked axles- not as simple to drop in.. But most have lsds :-)

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Great to see your back into it. I'll be watching the beams conversion with interest as I think it'll suit a chevette really well. Are they an alloy block? Its always a problem with chevettes and slant 4s- far too much weight out front and they push badly.

What's wrong with the paddock basher- Is it terminally I'll?

hey, beams engine is off the radar now.. talked to tony lynch and he said it was a right prick to get that to fit as the engine was to tall.. now looking at going c20xe, paddock basher is pretty stuffed, 3major crash damages, front were i hit my mates paddock basher and rear right wuater panal where i hit a tree drifting in slippery mud and drivers door, plus a bit of rust and engine is screwed lol

Nah I was just curious as he had not mentioned anything about what condition they are in etc. good value I reckon for the whole lot. Go for it I say. Good thing is you can get every thing you need from uk and with strong dollar makes that easy. Plus you know the engine fits in easily. Great engines too. Sadly they don't fit into hb vivas easily.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sounds like you have the flat type flywheels which is good news. You'd definitely know if you have the pot type, as they are a heavy POS.

flycomparison.jpg

Pot type from later models on the left, flat type on the right. 7kg sounds about right.