P_Star's 1965 JAWA... yes it's a bike... tough!

P_Star

Ok, look I know this is really lazy but I can't really be buggered transfering all the info over here...

CLICK HERE FOR PROJECT

Let me know what you think... Ideas... potential (realistic) engine swaps etc... also looking for a spoked 16" front wheel with disc brake setup... especially if I uprate the engine. Chur

PS if this should be in two wheels feel free to shift it :)

Why would you want to repower it? haha

I mean the carburettor is built into the crank case and had fins cast into it. i mean, come on!!

And its 2stroke ftmfw.

Sweet man, where did you get it from (i only looked at the pics :P)

Repower only in consideration... approx 6hp (9hp stamp is apparently a lie haha) standard could be a little... um... underwhelming haha. There is a 175cc version of the engine which is otherwise identical... including the great fins et al. yup looking forward to satin black and cherry ride to the cafe machine with plumes of 2 Smoke... woohoo :badgrin:

Got it off trademe, dude down in Welly... Was way too tempted just to throw a battery and gas in it and leave it as it is... Hence it is now in boxes in the garage waiting to be, stripped (acid/sand etc) then the frame off to the powder coaters and the all the panels prepped for paint... will worry about engine laters.

LOL, thanks all, glad you like it... Was hell tempted to roll as it is "Rat" Style (cringe at following cool trendzzzzzzzzz haha) but needed to do something to it for some content on the website hence another "cool" trend follow situation... 50's rod stz lol

Will tidy up and put it all back together... maybe 12V conversion and pimp around at low speed smokin' the place up a bit woohoo. Worry about new engines later

wow that does look pretty badass but I couldn't possibly do away with the fantastic fenders and whatnot... let alone the chrome tank haha.

Have sourced a 250cc that will bolt in and should still look the part so that will improve somewhat on the performance factor.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

3.43 actually! haha the complicated part was trying to make sure I find all the bits and where they bloody go when I get round to putting it back together... hmmm

still havn't figured out how to get the swingarm off... it is irritating me but as yet I have not resorted to the "larger hammer" theory that I normally subscribe to.

Ideas regarding the above welcome

• 1 month later...

no progress as have been working 7am - 9pm shifts at work... gah... oh well... profit

Heres the pics of the swingarm attachment gooooose

Photo_061109_002.jpg

Photo_061109_001.jpg

any help appreciated.

chur

EDIT: wow my phone cam doesn't like close range... the leaves and debris on the garage floor are in smashingly good focus though! lol