high american idol on 1jzgte

FLAWLES

this is post 84 so ban if you want :badgrin:

just done a engine tranplant into my chaser

runs mint bar the 4000rpm idle.

i think its the idle up valve but am really un sure

mine seams to be jammed open i think, ( assuming that when the soleniod is up its open and when its down its closed )

is this a comin thing on 1jzgte?

if not anyone got ideas?

have thought about bashing shit to get it freed up, but been advised not to do this

also have been told to seal it shut as you dont really need it? spence/sam true or false

there's no vac leaks in the inlet manifold? throttle plate is definitely closing properly? I don't think an idle valve is going to let through enough air for it to idle at 4000rpm surely? You could try blocking it off and see if the idle speed drops down.

yea check all things

t-cable ( we took it off )

found one leak but fixed that

there is one thing that we didnt check, and that was the vaccum hose to the stearing rack ( so i have been told )

and the port size on the valve is big man

oh and the valve is the same as the twin turbo 1jz

you can be brash at times :P

i was standing over him ( not that hard ) and helping along with LT dan= mega sweet waikato toyota cunt

but what i want to know is

A) can you fix the old ones

B) can you loan me one........being checky i know but dont care at this point in time, want/need car going

C) can you block up the hole in the mani and carry on as if everything is fine, with out any issues poping up?

Yea bro just being a dick because you were beating around the bush in your post,

a) Yup you can but depends whats wrong if the stepper motor is fucked then no, They usually just get stuck because the motor has been sitting around for fucking ages

B) proably can loan one if we get a working one back eventually (Presuming ours is a good worker)

c) Blocking the hole and just turning up the idle screw is an option just to get it going but you loose your cold start idle up function and all other idle ups AC, lights, etc

ha no worrys bro still heeps of love for you

yea your first post got me all mad so i went down to the work shop

drilled some small arse holes through the alley with a jet drill due to the small gay roll pins holding the motor on.

whipped one roll pin out

had to stop due to phnes ringing and work dutys etc

they do look like there servicable so i spose thats good in a sense, will let you know how it pans out in the next few hours

^ yea thats his issue basically engines that come from japan (or sometimes NZ) sit around for ages. The oil and crap from the blow by sits around in the inlet and idle valve and goes rock hard ususally a saok in some solvent and abit of persuasion and they work again. Unless the motors are fried

yea sorry trying to explane stuff while on the phone to a customer isnt the easyest

what i meant was

does the stepper motor rotate the plunger to shut it and open it

or does it push it open and close

reason i ask is i dont want to go prying anything the wrong way etc

make sense????

best bet is not to force it just clean it learn how it works and try putting voltage to points and make it move if it wont the stepper motors fucked. Clean it in some light solvent first though. Its not a major block it off until you find one and wind out the idle stop screw it is not a big deal

i was looking at doing that

just winding out the plunger till it sits on the seat and seals up

motor isnt bugared once again i jumped to that conclusion, wants to move, but the shaft is a bit rusty

i think i will let the motor sit in some crc/inox etc over the weekend and see we that gets us

sam was kind enough to lend me his one for a short amount of time which is top notch

I asked my flatmate, he said his electronic idle sensor was broken, so he blocked it off at the plenum and then adjusted the idle via the throttle butterfly.

yeh we blockd the sensor off and joined the pipes then adjust idle from on teh throttle body runs sweet