Low oil pressure at idle

Yowzer

fuck you have bad luck with M series motors.. first you throw rods, pop head gaskets, crack heads, and now you've got one with low oil pressure. How do you treat your motors really??

Maybe stick a Mitsubishi motor in it - can guarantee it will be more reliable!

fuck you have bad luck with M series motors.. first you throw rods, pop head gaskets, crack heads, and now you've got one with low oil pressure. How do you treat your motors really??

Maybe stick a Mitsubishi motor in it - can guarantee it will be more reliable!

harsh so harsh

7mgte it bro all will be sweet

saw a sticker on a supra that said 7mgte piss on 1ggte

so they must be good

boat fuckn anchors

why are you taking the sump off? how much blow by are you getting?

could be oild pump drive

Never blew a head gasket. The head cracked due to the water galleries being blocked up and causing it to overheat.

Not sure on how you could blame the oil pressure problem on me considering I've had the car running for a grand total of 2 days, 1 of which only drove to exhaust shop and back.

Gonna take it off right now.

Just made a new pump out of the 4m and 5m one I had lying around. The 4m pickup wouldnt fit on the 5m pump due to the longer pump shaft, but the 4m shaft fit in the 5m pump housing.

THe 5m pump gears are a good 1/3rd bigger than the 4m ones, so it probably has a bit more oil flow to it. This pump should be fucking sweet if the current one's the problem.

I didn't take photos :(

was the filter same size as factory?

uncle jake could be onto something here

with all the shit i piss around on if i put the incorrect size filter on it either resricts the flow of stuff or creates way to much flow and makes preasure drops

basicly what i said in the oild filter thread b4 that got locked due to b/s

10-5 brought his gauge over, and it is reading a definite zilch.

Off comes the sump.

:doubt: Didn't this motor have fine oil pressure untill you changed the oil and filter?

Off comes the filter first (or perhaps I am missing something)

I had also changed the pump. Oil and filter are the same as what was already in the engine.

No idea what size the factory filter is. Just got the same that was already on it. I changed it to a spare ryco one I had lying around with the same results.

It is still pumping the oil, it's just not pumping it as well as it should be.

I have now modified the 5m pump to fit so will stick that back in if I can get the sump off.

It'll be worn bearings combined with low revs and hot new oil.

Had that myself once, did a low budget rebuild on a dirty old V8, new rings & bearings, oil light came on at 1000rpm when hot. Had to do the job again and replace the cam bearings..... which I was told initially by an "expert" wouldn't need changing.

Steve

fuck.. I am having a very similar issue with my 3t. was stuck in traffic with the boy racers on sat night and didn't move for around 30mins... Temp didn't get up much, but was wondering if it might be to do with the oil? Motors probably done 500kms of a rebuild and im running magnatec now (was using running in oil for the first 200kms). Am using Toyota filter.

Only seems to happen if the idle drops really low... but I suppose this could be bad as I know an engine can build up oil pressure just from having it turn over.

On that note, the oil pressure light should normally be off by the time the engine kick over yes? ARRRGH FUCK CARS...

Sorry for highjack.

It'll be worn bearings combined with low revs and hot new oil.

My leaking oil pump begs to differ. Bearings are fine.

Issue solved :D The oil feed pipe was leaking straight back into the sump. Didn't actually need to swap the pump, but figured that I might as well anyway since I was already there.

Cheers guys!