does anyone know much about 4g32 twincarbs?

rwdlancer

anyone have exparience wth 4g32 twin carbs? there off a mitsi gto i think.

they bolt straight on to a ex lancer 1600 bar a few thngs.

the accelerator cable too short. is that easy to fix?

and this water pipe at the back of the engine myte be for the heater or sumthn but i dont know where its suppose to go on the twin carbs.

any help would be great

they wouldn't be off a GTO if they're from a 4G32. Most likely Mk1 Colt GT which is FWD - do all the water lines route up right, and is the manifold on an angle to suit RWD?

yea i think they are made for fwd.the air cleaner i got with it looks like it was off a fwd with the way its facing.i have seen my carbs on a rwd setup before on tha net.there solex im pretty sure.the manifold isnt really on a angle.the carbs are downdraughts.2 of the waterline rote up but theas just one that doesnt. the one that comes along from the water pump and around the back of the engine.comes out around by the back of the carbs and into the firewall im guessin that would be for the heater?

Get an adaptor for your manifold, relatively cheap, and a decent 32/36. Bang. Sounds like you've made up your mind anyway

I've talked to many an internet dude about those. Basically there's nothing WRONG with them but you won't get much power from them, or sound if that's what you're after. You'd be wise to rebuild em also and that'll be tricky partswise. Meh, up to you.

What is a 32/36? a single carb? i had a 2 litre ex lancer carb on it before hand. the engine sounded it wasnt getting enough fuel.theve already been rebuilt and cleaned up pretty well.i started up before and its definatly alot louder and sounded way better.maybe i should just rebuild the 2 litre carb

Yeah it's a twin barrel downdraught, manual secondary throttle, unlike both your options which open the secondary throttle (s ) on vacuum. I'm pretty sure that's all correct but feel free to correct me anyone

Adaptors are on trademe for cheap, you'll just need to fuck around with the throttle cable and probably the tuning, but nothing major

those twin carbs are off a RWD car due to the location of the thermostat housing - but they're off a chain drive motor (so probably something like a Colt 16L etc), and I'm pretty sure they wont fit on a belt driven motor such as the EX Lancer 4G32, think it's the distributor position which mucks it up as the chain drive has the dizzy in the block while the belt drive has the dizzy in the head right next to the manifold.

yep they are junk. mine are junk. secondaries not operating; sputtering start ups, etc.

i did some research, and realised they aren't worth bothering over

exception; good if you got a low mileage minter as a show or museum car

i still have 'em on my gto, and the whole motor's coming out, so i'm not bothering changing them

Guest ganja_gorrilla

so would a single weber 32/36 be far better ( power and economical) than my factory twin downdrafts? wat about putting 2 webers on there sinse i have a twim manifold alreay?

i have had both the 32/36 and the same twin downdrafts on a 4g63, both on same engine.Twin carbs and the downdraft where the same power wise.twins revved alittle better, songlehad more low down power, bust still revved fine.twins sound alittle better.I spent like $600 on the twin carbs, rebuild etc and they where still pretty crap. i seriosly would bother with them, although some twin downdraft webers on the twin mani would be mean.ida's even (fuck knows what they are called)