mitsubishi colt 16L

Guest ganja_gorrilla

Guest ganja_gorrilla

i was wanting to to; firstly get my car to handle better and then get a bit more power out of the 4g32 twin carbed engine and suggestions?

thx

I think sigma 2liter (4g63?) bolt in fairly easy, one of the Mitsi nuts will be able to tell you what needs doing. This is probably a better option as there will be more performance bits out there for them I would assume?

My experience with 2x 4g32's wasn't what I'd call inspirational. Gotta love 16Ls though 8)

Guest ganja_gorrilla

im more interested in better handling first would getting new shocks be the best way to go? or springs? i can only afford to do one at the moment. would starion struts bolt straight up like they do on ex lancers?

just get some good shock inserts that are shorter than standard, see what thats like, then roll wit some better springs when you have coin.Not much point in just replacing shocks with a replacement if you are weanting to head down better handling ways, might as well getsome that are harder and shorter, makes matching springs way easier down the line.Just got kyb "gas-a-adjust" for rear of my LA colt, fucken mean as shocks and a good price, real nice and hard etc.

got them from franklin bearings in puke, but anyone should be able to find them as they are just in the KYB book and even listed for the lancers etc, it was just for the rear as ive already done the front with some koni's from a porshe or somthing.

Kinda hard to find the bushes in the lower arms (whatever there name is), ball joints,sweaybar bushes,rear hangers etc are easy enough to get.

Nice looking 16L! The Starion struts will bolt in (ball joint has the same taper), but you will end up with positive camber. This due to the different king pin angles between the 16L and Starion that are needed due to the longer lower arm in the Starion. The advantage of the Starion struts is much better brakes!

For information about getting old colts to handle you should try http://classiccolt.forumcircle.com/ as there are guys on there who still race.