good place to get tyres

fuel

I have to buy new tyres for my brother's car today (185/60/14). amusingly enough the old man told me to go down to hyper tyres.

Those Yoko A-drives have a nice looking profile, but I got no idea how good they are in the real world. look to be the same price as TPTs though, which are still my first choice.

or I could get LM600s for $14 extra...

Just get the cheapest performance tyre. You know when your brother gets back he's likely to just fry them anyway so no point fitting him up with epicly nice tyres that will just go to waste.

my brother doesn't actually do any stupid shit like b-owts, it's just the tyres currently on there are about 12 years old and completely unsafe. One of them epically blew out on me at 100km/h a few months back, which was not cool.

and since I use the car quite a bit for out of town driving - mainly because I can actually afford to put petrol in it - I've decided not to be toooo stingy with tyre selection :lol:

got coerced into buying the Yokos. mainly because the hyper tyres guys were all, "Yeah we're going down to Yoko supplier in about 20 mins anyway so it'll be more convenient for us to pick up some A-drives for you. Plus we'll give you a $20 discount."

sold.

Do you reckon those shiny places like Hyper with presumably huge buying power = win though in general or rangi as place with like 0 overheads? I've been trying to find a mean one or two man little tyre place since the last one I went to closed down, but haven't had much luck.

Do you reckon those shiny places like Hyper with presumably huge buying power = win though in general or rangi as place with like 0 overheads? I've been trying to find a mean one or two man little tyre place since the last one I went to closed down, but haven't had much luck.

I guess the smaller tyre shops would be unkeen to give out discounts as freely as hyper would. they also tend to stock more of the passenger/super low quality brands so may not be able to accommodate a request for, say, four T1Rs at short notice.

You been to tyre king on Marua Road? They seem decent enough, I bought tyres for AW11 from them. Would have gone there again but hyper were cheaper, and it was on the old man's credit card, he = scrooge as.