increasing rim centre/hub size

tortron

need to make the holes on my steels a few mm wider to fit over my hubs

how/with what/anyone in hams got a lathe

Normally better to get the correct centre bore size on the wheels (without modifying them) for turn a wee bit off the cast dust cap locating neck of the hub. There is usually enough material there to get away with it so long as you are not looking for a substanial change.

EDIT: I just realised this is probably for a Morris Minor which if I recall correctly from 25 years ago has a cast front drum that also houses the outer wheel bearing which may make the job different. Get a Honda

it wont be cheap if you get an engineer to do it - I had a set of alloys done and it cost about $100 for the lot.

Thing is with a steel wheel the centre bore is usually a pressed up lip, so if you machine that (depending how much you machine it), you'll loose both strength on height and width of the centrebore on the actual rim.

Could you not just find some Mitsubishi/Nissan 4x114.3mm steels instead? they have a big centrebore size compared to Toyota etc.