Random question.

cute wee gem

This may sound silly. but say you made a cross-plane cranked v8 (perferably a fairly revvy one, de-stroked or what ever) and matched the exhausts up to mimic flat plane v8 exhaust pulses (space being no issue) theoretically wouldn't that make it sound similar?/better :oops:

Random thought anyway. hah

It should theoretically IMO at least.

I know with Subaru's if you want to make a non turbo have the same throb at idle that the turbo models have you need unequal headers like the turbo's have stock.

But that's a long way off from what you asking lol

I have no idea what flat and cross plane mean, but if ya can figure out the header lenths ya can make some weird sounds. Mate had an 80s civic with some hackjob headers making a weird brrBRAP *pause* brrBRAP *pause* noise. Sounded funny as. So if your talking bout what I think you are then yeah should be doable

I think *think* this has been done with a Super Saloon down here, 427 (stroked blah blah blah) , has a higher pitch to it, not a deep down sound like most Big Blocks, Almost a raspy rotary sound mixed with big block.. 99% sure it has crossover & unequal pipes..