Ford 1600 xflow extracters, flows

bean.101

Hi im looking for some info on extracters for ford 1600 xflow. I am running a set of coby flows at the

moment, which i think is restricting my performance. The coby flows run inch and three eight primary. I havn't

measured the primary length, and im guessing the collector would be pritty average being a mass production

item, made for resonably unmodified xflows. I have been thinking il run with inch and five eight primarys, maybe

stepping up from inch and three eight pipe 75mm off the head flanges for anti reversion and ease for getting

bolts done up, because of the puss siamese cylinder 2 and 3 exhaust ports. My 1600 made 120hp at aboat 6000 rpm

at the wheels and runs a decent cam 460thou lift close to 300degree duration.

Any info would be good. Ive been cheaking some sites out,with plenty of info for Hondas and other popular NA

stuff.

Cheers

yeh coby headers not to flash, we tried lots of different styles on our formular ford, we were getting 120hp out of a kent with the best set, however they were fuckin expensive. 1 7/8 primarys with 1 3/8 anti reversions cant remember the exact length of the anti reversion but we tried a variety of lengths also the order the primarys go into the collector makes a difference to, dont know if this is any help or not

yeh coby headers not to flash, we tried lots of different styles on our formular ford, we were getting 120hp out of a kent with the best set,
Is that at the flywheel and is that good for a FF?

I know you guys are pretty restricted to what you can do to those engines.

yeah that was pretty good when we were running, bout 4 seasons ago, not sure what the current motors are making, since i have been out of it they can run alloy heads now. your right about tight restrictions, valve size, cam, comp ratio, cc etc were all controlled, that was flywheel hp. i know some of the guys were spending dumb money on headers and seeing gains. without the restrictions above you could make quite serious gains,