Blocksanding / Panelbeating

nobumps

So have started to do many hours of block sanding, anyways i have a couple low spots here and there, all in all pretty happy but was wondering what the best way to repair the areas is?

They are very small say the size of a 10c coin and very shallow, should i just skim bog them then spot prime, or spray putty or just spray a couply more coats of hi fill over the areas??

The red stuff is called knifing compound and it shrinks like a mother fucker. It is only anygood for a pinhole in bog/primer

Your low spots will need to be ground back and bogged very well. I can recommend 3M Flowable Putty (?) for very shallow work. It is a delight to use.

I also like Sikkens Spraybog. If you can't get that there is a product called Reface that comes a distant second to the Sikken stuff. You will need a spraygun with a 2.5mm fluid tip for either.

You will then need mega coats of primer to help prevent shrikange - but shrinkbacks can take up to a year to show up so they are hard to prevent (I am probably doing something wrong).

picture036jc0.jpg

By unclejake, shot with E5400 at 2008-07-01

^ Thanks :D

Nobumps - the trick to getting a car perfectly straight is time. It costs fuck all.

The trick to stopping shrinkbacks is not one I know. I have failed in that area a couple of times but I am very VERY keen on bare metalling everything on an old car. The results are reflected (pun again) in the effort spent

The red stuff is called knifing compound and it shrinks like a mother fucker. It is only anygood for a pinhole in bog/primer

Your low spots will need to be ground back and bogged very well. I can recommend 3M Flowable Putty (?) for very shallow work. It is a delight to use.

I also like Sikkens Spraybog. If you can't get that there is a product called Reface that comes a distant second to the Sikken stuff. You will need a spraygun with a 2.5mm fluid tip for either.

You will then need mega coats of primer to help prevent shrikange - but shrinkbacks can take up to a year to show up so they are hard to prevent (I am probably doing something wrong).

picture036jc0.jpg

By unclejake, shot with E5400 at 2008-07-01

the only thing that stops shrinkage is light coats of primer/paint,and not sanding it back/cutting in a big fuckin hurry.

The longer between you painting it and cutting it the better.

Shrinkage comes about cause the medium hasnt dried peoperly.

Ive been in the biz for 20+yrs,and thats what ive found through trial and error.