sc14 on my zetec

eke_zetec_RWD

ok so yesterday had 1uz on dyno wif a m90, had 230kw atw. so now i found a sc14 in ma pile ov shit and

i just got to wedge it into ma lotus. only way i can fit it is infront ov motor and backwards, so my ? is will spinning it backwards work just as well as clockwise? obvisously swaping the outlet to inlet ect. the rotors are same profile both sides and the ports seem near identical. i cant see y it wont work. unless the gears arnt straight cut. . . . whats ya thorts?

wouldnt make a difference, the gears would need to be recut with the angle going the other way, or a thrust washer on the other side of the gear to stop the charger spitting a shaft out the end. I'm real sure these have sealed bearings that are cunts to get replacements for too.

could maybe re-machine it to take different bearings that can handle thrust in the other direction. if thats what you think the problem would be. though i guess swapping the gears over would do the same thing.

Guest vvega

you may need to remachine the housing to take a different berring ..but its not to hard ..have done a couple..of sc12's 14 might be different

as for bearing types....c3 is the bearing type you want .01 more clearance specailly designed for high speed application....they also have a c4 and a c5

we have used c4 bearings on idlers doing 13,000 rpm without any issue's so there is pleanty of scope