Help Please 5M wont stay running...

SHGWAG

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeup, def got compression up in that bitch

how can i check if petrol is getting to injectors? is there an easy way (Read: I have fuck all tools)

Crack an injector nut partly open (if you can get to them) and have someone crank the motor over. If there is fuel there (unlikely) then it will spray around a bit.

Do the same with a sparkplug out first though - make certain the sparkplug is grounded to the motor

How much fuel is it showing?

I put 7 bux worth in it this morning to be sure that there was some in there

yeup, def got compression up in that bitch

how can i check if petrol is getting to injectors? is there an easy way (Read: I have fuck all tools)

Crack an injector nut partly open (if you can get to them) and have someone crank the motor over. If there is fuel there (unlikely) then it will spray around a bit.

Do the same with a sparkplug out first though - make certain the sparkplug is grounded to the motor

sparkplug out but grounded ie. touching block?

Me = dont have sparky plug removal socket

me also = home alone

will try find injector nut

theres no injector nut there o-ringed in place, take off the return fuel line its the one thats just hose clamped to the fuel rail get some one to crank it and sit it in a jar should come out pretty quick not a dribble. Then just stick an old plug on the rocker cover or pull the lead back to expose the steel and hold it slightly above the head do for each plug / test the coil first

pretty sure it will have fuel uj the fuel pumps are pretty sweet on these things

If you have no tools and can get someone to give you a hand and the fault is now hard (i.e. the car won't go at all) then grab a can of engine start and try cranbking the motor over when someone is spraying engine start into the throttle body.

If it goes then you know it is fuel.

Sounds like Spencer knows his way around these thing a lot better than me but

so spencer came and had a look. he found that:

1: my dizzy cap was fukzord / still had good spark

2: no fuel getting to injectors

So ill grab new cap n fuel filter tomorrow n we will go from there

/i wish it had aids

maybe try putting more than $7 into it you poor cunt, that's like not even 4L. It could still be below the fuel pickup in the tank.

Also, that silver box with heatsink behind coil is a ballast pack for the injectors I'm pretty sure.