dipsticks..

RT

so.. got a bit of a problem, I've got a american C4 auto trans. It's off a cleveland. The flexi dipstick goes down a tube and into the side of the pan.

It's a botched up dipstick that someone has made, and made poorly.

So it needs to be remade, but I don't know if it's accurate.

Does anyone happen to have one of these or advice on what I should do about it? -they're impossible to find apparently, and not avail off the shelf at parts stores.

chur

except

A. it has nothing to drain.. I've never filled it.

B. I have a extra remote filter and external cooler and going by manufactorers recommendations would really cut it not to mention the many different size pans available for C4's.

In that case

A. Skip the drain part

B. Could you not remove and block off the external filter and cooler for this exercise? Also, if there are many different pan sizes available for the C4 then surely copying or stealing one from another C4 isn't going to be of any use either, unless you can gaurantee it has the same pan?

yeah anything would help!

could you drag it out of the mustang and then.. give it to me? :)

No. :lol:

But I will see if I can get access to the Stang earlier. It might possibly be out to play this weekend - but are all the dipstick tubes the same length...? :cry:

'

They prolly are :D

well at least I could compare it to the one that I have that'd been hocked up. But I dunno man, my box is from a cleveland V8... and mustangs will have a windsor c4 in it which has the dipstick going into the box not the pan like mine.

prolly completely different.. :_(

need to just get some other cunt in wherever with the same trans to measure the specifications of your stick/rod/shaft and get a stainless steel sheetmetal place to guillotine you a 4mm off cut off a sheet which you can mark to length and make a long smooth clean one up.

would be mega gay just filling it up with correct amount of shit and marking it, because engine must be running to fill torque con and capillary effect usually makes auto dipsticks hard enough to read as is.

genitalia insinuations lol me

would be mega gay just filling it up with correct amount of shit and marking it, because engine must be running to fill torque con and capillary effect usually makes auto dipsticks hard enough to read as is.

Ah did not know the engine would need to be running... I've made my own dipstick for an engine before using that method, but being a boggo wet sump, it was simple. These slush boxes are complicated buggers.

Is there such thing as a "clevo c4" etc? I just thought it was big or small C4, which i have the small C4 as it was with my 6 cylinder from factory (opposite to what you have). I have a bellhousing for a big c4 too, as mine would fit the engine but not the 'box.

I think Sykov6 has a big C4 that he is going to use with his 351w thats in the lane (swapping from a FMX), so he may be able to help with the dipstick.

yeah there is two small C4's it seems... as the ones that came out on windsors had the dipstick going into the front of the case, but the C4's that came out on the Clevos had a dipstick going to the side of the pan. They are probably the same in all other respects.