nuts in plastic

peteretep

my vtr motorbike seat has 2 nuts that are on the foam side of the plastic, one of these nuts is fine, but the other has come away from the plastic and is relatively free to move around in the foam

I am unable to get it out without somehow getting onto the foam side of the seat, and I cant pull the nut tight by pulling it through the hole that it left

These 2 nuts hold the bracket on that keeps the seat attached to the motorbike frame, so they are pretty important

any suggestions?

my vtr motorbike seat has 2 nuts that are on the foam side of the plastic, one of these nuts is fine, but the other has come away from the plastic and is relatively free to move around in the foam

I am unable to get it out without somehow getting onto the foam side of the seat, and I cant pull the nut tight by pulling it through the hole that it left

These 2 nuts hold the bracket on that keeps the seat attached to the motorbike frame, so they are pretty important

any suggestions?

supergle teh nust back on and pull it back the teh face

should hold it enough for you to get it tigh...windscreen adheasive is a dam good glue too ...just takes a day to go off

race tape boe, will look super sweet. and then angle grind ur foot pegs and bar weights and any protuding objects to give that fuck yea i ride hard look.

do a burnout layn it over on both sides so theres more tread on the middle than the sides. sweet.

but seriously i wud say use some good glue, shud be enuf to get it to grip. silicon up the nut and thread to prevent breaking the glue bond before it gets tight

otherwise ill invest in a rivnut or 2, you need a special bit for it I assume, anyone know who sells them?

same place that sells the ratcheting ring spanners.

also... the vibration from the drill mite break the epoxy bond. i would go easy and do it by hand. with some crc on the thread so nice and slippery

also... the vibration from the drill mite break the epoxy bond. i would go easy and do it by hand. with some crc on the thread so nice and slippery

so your saying

if you dont want to bust your nut loose inside her seat go slow and make sure to lube it up first

:lol:

ive put some epoxy shit on it at this point, just waiting for it to dry

I might try doing it up with a drill just so it doesnt have time to move

otherwise ill invest in a rivnut or 2, you need a special bit for it I assume, anyone know who sells them?

any aircraft supply shop will hook you up...you can get them in 1/4 turn quick release as well