HellRaizers RX60

WDE_BDY

p1030600pb1vw8.jpg

Looks like just a date code to me, il have a good look under it and my van tomorrow, if there the same the Cressy will have an LSD tomorrow night :D

they look the same just glancing under.

p1030596ew0mb0vp7.jpg

Just had to post a pic of this wonderful pile of 80's "HiFi"

new heady will be going in the glovebox lol

Oh and thanks to Slink1 it may be manual sooner than planned!

Only 4 speed though, but the W40 bell housing should fit a W50 aye?

• 2 weeks later...

Ok this overheating thing is starting to really piss me off!!

Whats the deal with Toyota voltage regulators?

I wired in a aftermarket gauge today, reads sits on 200-210 deg F (93.3-98.8C) with basically match's the factory gauge, but since it still doesn't seem to get hot in the engine bay (can touch the rad cap/no boiling etc etc) a few people have said to check the voltage reg?

Do the regulators work on say the radio + feed since thats what i have the gauges hooked up to?

Really want to get this sorted before i start lowering etc.

The sensor for the A/M gauge is in the "spare" sensor hole in the intake manifold, i left the factory one set up as well.

A infrared thermometer would do the job instead of probes aye?

Will try the gauge running straight off the battery tomorrow as well (it might just be me but I'm sure the temp gauge's go down a little bit when i lift off and the volts go down :? )

Will borrow a timing light ASAP too... hmm it does look like the dizzy has been turned a bit recently to.

Haha iv been looking at that JDM 63 and the RX60 down there, im more interested in the engine out of the SX80 lol

The temps are between 69 and 79C checking with a decent infrared thermometer.

Its going back to the dealers workshop tomorrow to have the voltage reg and possibly the alternator replaced, gauge checked and there fixing a few other little bits that should have been sorted before they me sold the car (P/S idler bearing etc).

Will get them to check the timing to lol

O/T but i pulled into the car park of a radiator shop and ended up parking next to a Cressida the same as mine just white, ended up chatting to the old guy who owned it, he remembers mine being on the truck right behind his when they were delivered to the dealer back in 82!

4sfe is a waste of conversion time aye there so slow as, mike just chucked a 1gfe (has to be manual tho) in his goes 1 million times better than a 4s and are pretty much free i have a cross member and mounts you could have free if you ever went g (got a couple cheap 1gge's to).

Yeah it was a 4S-FE in the SX80

I might go see what Baz will sell me the diff and front hubs (if there 5 stud) for tomorrow

1G could be the way to go, there 2L aye?

I don't think i could afford to run a 5M or anything bigger than 2L :oops: -im too used to my old 2CT :lol:

did the 1G ever come with a carby?

I kinda like the idea of a 18R-G for some reason to lol

yup 1g is 2l, thats why i suggested the 1gfe as there cheap as to run and this things just a daily right? 5mge are not to bad on gas but still drink it compared to a 1g. Theres no carby version but that era of efi is so easy to wire up like 4 wires. 18rgs are cool but getting old, put out no more power than a 1g and would use twice as much fuel

Theres no carby version but that era of efi is so easy to wire up like 4 wires.
Oh sweet, i have done a MicroTech install and have tried to set up a CA18DET with stock ECU in the past and am not keen to go through all that again lol, so yeah 4 wires sounds mint!

And yeah its just a daily, once iv had the surgery i need on my ankle and can drive a manual again il rip the 21R and auto out lol

Got it back today, the radiator was at least 75% blocked, the gauge is fucked (which i knew) and BNT sold me a 94 degree thermostat instead of the 82-86 degree one i needed

Also i pick up my springs tomorrow :D just need to get some shocks

• 7 months later...