• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest vvega

egt temp = 1800 degrees.........

steal melts at 1300c degrees.... 2500 dg f

so ethier...its ceramic coated....witch makes it better than api

or hes giving farenheight readings.....its not hard to go over 2500 dg f with egt's ethier

you an tell its coated ....after glowing liek that...it woudl be rustys as fuck the next day....yet it looks nice and black

Guest vvega
Fuck some people talk a load of shyte.

EGT is normally no more than 1700 or so degrees FARHENITE.

Pistons would melt before any steel manifold IF EGT ever got to 1800 C

yes you do forced no stop shit dribbling

apprently he attually recorded 1873 d...so his pistons have melted and his motor is dead......grow up ya cock dribller

Guest vvega

not disagreeing there but put a restive turbo on there and watch teh egt's go though the roof......

all i did was stated what ive seen and what has been bought into me to be repaired and teh coresponding story....

the rest of it is cabbage as you put it

gas temp might be high, but heat transfer gas to steel is kinda cabbage and the steel is exposed to much lower temp outside so it stays cool enough to retain enough of its strength.

I'd love to agree 100% with you (just to irritate vvvvv), but that's only part of the story. The other part is the air on the outside is more or less static and therefore has a boundary layer which will grow warmer (much like water between the hairs on your legs if you swim in a cold pool/ocean/lake and keep still). whereas the ex gasses inside are rushing through ever so fast and therefore a lot more effective at conducting heat.

EGT figures are typically not high enough to melt steel anyway. The pistons are dumping heat into the head (through quench) and the bores constantly too, hence they stay cool enough. Also, there is a boundary layer on the piston which protects it somewhat. When knock occurs, that boundary layer is disturbed and a lot more heat is transfered into the piston, hence insta melt when detonation occurs.

I'll be sure to do some bonnet off videos of 5th gear on the limiter burnouts with glowing parts for you lot when I get home :-)

Guest vvega

EGT figures are typically not high enough to melt steel anyway. The pistons are dumping heat into the head (through quench) and the bores constantly too, hence they stay cool enough. Also, there is a boundary layer on the piston which protects it somewhat. When knock occurs, that boundary layer is disturbed and a lot more heat is transfered into the piston, hence insta melt when detonation occurs.

add in some cucussion effects and you have one of the best net explainations ive ever seen on how you melt pistons

AND YES YORU DEAD RIGHT typically there not hot enough....but they can get that hot and people have had issues...thats all im tring to say

ceramic coat is a cheap and worthy idea for insurance...as well as internal sand polishing

Thanks vega, cept it looks like testament said it :wink:

I agree, I definitely would have ceramic coated mine if I had time, but I didn't. You can DIY it, or get it done, it's WAY more effective than glass insulation too.

I sand blasted mine on the inside just to ensure there was no loose stuff in there.

you dont have any airflow through your engine bay???

Velocity (and therefore turbulence) are a lot lower from a slight breeze blowing through radiators and air con and intercooler and and and etc. Yeah, it helps for sure, but many put heat shields etc on them too. Speed inside the manifold is a lot higher. Laminar flow is not really present inside the manifold in the true sense. It's more about how bad or not bad the turbulence is :-)

I agree that the cold on the outside is a big factor, but not as big a factor as you or I might like due to the rate of exposure of gas.

apprently he attually recorded 1873 d...so his pistons have melted and his motor is dead......grow up ya cock dribller

Americans measure EGT in FARHENITE

Guest vvega

Americans measure EGT in FARHENITE

thast why i asked in my first post

seriously you inability to read asounds me

Guest vvega
egt temp = 1800 degrees.........

steal melts at 1300c degrees.... 2500 dg f

so ethier...its ceramic coated...

or hes giving farenheight readings...

have you read it yeah forced ya fucken dumb arse fuck

seriously man you need to be fucken spoon feed just so you can keep up

i guess your prolly wanking off reading this post because you must get off on been a loser,there is just no way anyone with even one braincell would spend all his time looking like a cockwipe otherwise

Guest vvega
oh hae guiez.

But seriously. Twin scroll manifolds right? Where did the last 3-4 pages go.

it was spent liek always tring to educate some halfbreed ...and like always...it fucken failed

forced