13b housings. What series?

danger

Looking at my 13b in the 7 I'm not sure what housings have been used in the build. Just curious really.

Doesnt have the italic MAZDAit has the new mazda writing with "automobiles" written just above it. Havent seen these housings before. Any one know?

Guest sexychevette

um if they were pre 1980 something it will still have the NSU lisence thing written on them wont they? like early series 4 housing still have this but ones like mine which are made latter dont say this(edit: should say early series 4 housings still say licensed by NSU..just like the oldschool housings). They def from the 80s or newer as they have the 80s mazda font. Might be from a 13b super injection HB csomo/luce?

edit: nah not super injection cos they would say licensed by NSU. prob REW housings

that front looks like a 12a turbo plate to me,but i would say there rx4 housings...although my s4 had similar writing...

If they use B8EM plugs, (twin electrode) they are earlier^ housings.... if they have three raised "points" around the plug holes they are later turbo housings

The memory is a bit foggy due to years of mind numbing nothingness but tend to think thats the way it went from my days as a parts guy.

Guest sexychevette

so theyre def 12a plates then? if so theyre as said most probably reproduction rx4/5 housings...

dangerdanger: seeing this reminded me about those parts u wanted. i gave the parts dude a list ages ago but have been around and about and not seen him for ages. Will give him a call this arvo and see how he got on