Exhaust cleaning

peteretep

• 2 weeks later...

This has been asked a few times in the past now,

Pour in some petrol, move it about until all of the inside is coated in petrol and light the thing on fire.

Simple and it works

No i'm not being a dick, thats how you did it in "The good old days" and thats how most still do it

Ned

Guest sexychevette

you already asked this before...

put it on the bbq. or like the other fulla said put petrol inside and add match. BBQ style of heating it from the outside works also tho.

Have a look on youtube. I was searching for twostroke stuff once and saw some videos about it. never watched them but they were titled 'how to decarbon your expansion chamber' or something

This has been asked a few times in the past now,

Pour in some petrol, move it about until all of the inside is coated in petrol and light the thing on fire.

Simple and it works

No i'm not being a dick, thats how you did it in "The good old days" and thats how most still do it

Ned

Used to use the came concept for cleaning the soot out of the chimney, too. Mind you is was a 400 year old cottage and the walls were 3 feet thick... pretty safe there :D:D And the nearest house was 2 miles away.

you might wanna see what happens to carbon when it meets acid........

Well, not much, really as it's pretty inert. That's why it's so difficult to get rid of. It burns at around 400 degrees C which is why I suggested the blowtorch.

You'll get a bit of life out of boiling conc suplhuric acid, but, for example, the addition of sulphuric acid to sugar ( eg sucrose ) leaves carbon behind. Activated carbon is used to purify hydrochloric acid.

Sorry, me dad was a chemist.

:D

you might wanna see what happens to carbon when it meets acid........

Well, not much, really as it's pretty inert. That's why it's so difficult to get rid of. It burns at around 400 degrees C which is why I suggested the blowtorch.

You'll get a bit of life out of boiling conc suplhuric acid, but, for example, the addition of sulphuric acid to sugar ( eg sucrose ) leaves carbon behind. Activated carbon is used to purify hydrochloric acid.

Sorry, me dad was a chemist.

:D

lol i know it was more a retorical question to teh comment above it :D

the blow torch is teh only way as you said :D