Treggo's Mk2 Capri.

treggo

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

vinyl roofs = naff

no way would you want to put one on. They trap water.. rust your sills.. and look gay.

Also would mention about coil overs.. you might find you can't go as low as you might be imagining. The coil over spring and platform is much longer than the factory setup. Which means if you have wide tyres on the front you can only lower it down to before the spring platform hits the top of the tyre. And it's not that low to be honest.

Can we have some pictures of your struts in car and out if possible?

Usually thats a major advantage of coil overs because it allows you to set the lower platform below the tyre, and much lower than where the old one would have been. On some older suspension setups the shocks are very verticle, which means that you can't even fit small springs/platforms in and I'm guessing this could be the case here.

You can also get custom coils made that are exactly to the requirements you need if a standard one is too long so the over all length shouldn't be a problem.

yeah if you got some custom coils made you might be able to get it low without the platform hitting the tyre. But you'll find that most springs won't let you go that low.

I ended up getting my factory struts shortened and custom springs made.

Also bare in mind that go too low and your car handles poorly. Mine is too low. The TCA's become verticle instead of angled. This causes the handling to be a bit drifty at times. Also can wear out steering rack quicker etc.

Once I get my V8 in chances are my car will be sitting on the ground and I may have to get it raised. Might have some superlow coils for sale.. :wink:

Theres afew things you can do to bring the steering geometery back to where it should be. Its a vehicle by vehicle thing though so you'll just have to find what happens when it goes low and then go from there. You can get angled tie rod ends, lift steering racks, adjust toe and sometimes make adjustments on camber or get camber plates depending on setup but that shouldn't be necersary.

I can't remember dude.. twas years ago.

I got aftermarket springs.. probably just 45mm lowered ones like what you have got. Then I took it into a suspension place and paid to get it lowered another 30mm. Whereby they lopped off a coil.

!? yes.. they cut my springs.

when I found this out I went spastic at the owner who happened to be an old friend of mine and he had my shocks shortened to trap in the springs free of charge. The dude who cut my springs was fired I think..

anyway, it's super low now and I sacrifice a bit of handling as a result. But I don't care. :rolleyes: Dunno whats gonna happen when I drop in the V8 though..

I can't remember dude.. twas years ago.

I got aftermarket springs.. probably just 45mm lowered ones like what you have got. Then I took it into a suspension place and paid to get it lowered another 30mm. Whereby they lopped off a coil.

!? yes.. they cut my springs.

when I found this out I went spastic at the owner who happened to be an old friend of mine and he had my shocks shortened to trap in the springs free of charge. The dude who cut my springs was fired I think..

anyway, it's super low now and I sacrifice a bit of handling as a result. But I don't care. :rolleyes: Dunno whats gonna happen when I drop in the V8 though..

SOunds a ibt harsh, if he lost is job over cutting your springs that would be shit

Rims look nice, wats copy?