dirtyleppa's C31 Nissan Laurel

drtydog

i was speaking to a dude in chch who has a skyline with a l20et and he says the turbos are good for 16psi as they r steel shafts and not ceramic like the rb20 turbos. it goes pretty hard but the original motor and turbo will need a rebuild if they r to survive any longer. i think the fuel side can handle about 10psi safely but any higher it starts 2 ping and detonate. i only ran 14psi to c if it woild drop my times on the strip

that would be bloody great as half the chrome i took off is broken or bent or has broken clips. would you be able to c if the gut has any window rubbers as well as most of mine have been cracked from 2much sun. if you dont mind, could you set up a trademe auction and then ill pay for the goods to be shipped out and ill hook u up with some extra coin. could u maybe get sum pics of the interior if possible

that would be bloody great as half the chrome i took off is broken or bent or has broken clips. would you be able to c if the gut has any window rubbers as well as most of mine have been cracked from 2much sun. if you dont mind, could you set up a trademe auction and then ill pay for the goods to be shipped out and ill hook u up with some extra coin. could u maybe get sum pics of the interior if possible

na,the window rubber is gone,I got the dr's side,he kept the passenger side one for his

I'll get some pics of the chrome bits I have later on,and give him a text see if he still got the interior,the medalist interior is way better imo than normal Laurel one I've had both model and I prefer medalist one.

here's a pic of the interior of my c31 medalist ,its got the nice lounge style sofa seats,better dash ,door cards etc..

dscf2613pz2.jpg

dscf2614vq6.jpg

nice job, would've looked pretty mack-daddy in the two tone blue/silver tho. Those old Laurels only weigh like 1300kg or something, which is 3/10 of fuckall in the grand scheme of things.

028, love the lounge suite rear :lol:

damn, 135rwkw is impressive but i need at least 220-250rwkw to make mine a competitive drifter and also 2 beat my m8s 220rwkw mark 2 cressida and anuthr m8s 3t turbo starlet. i did think about getting a L28 and turboing that. would have been easier than trying to fit my rb20 in but couldnt find a L28 anywhere. if i can find an L28 going cheap i mite fit that up as i could use the factory box, crossmember and engine mounts. that will also keep it semi original. any 1 have ideas where i can get a L28 from let me know.

Nothing wrong with l28's, God i had the rb bandwagon is getting old! Ive just got my l28 rebuilt.

To fit these into hr30's and larual's you need to do extensive bottom end mods with the oil pickup and dip stick to use the front bowl sump on the l28. (since the l28 uses a rear bowl)

If you want some good L Serries reading/mods. http://www.hybridz.org will give you everything you need, A lot of guys are happily driving 550rwhp daily driver l28et's (standard internals)

Mine is currently going to be running a LEM v4, gtr 444cc injectors. Holset hx30w turbo (480hp) RIPS intake manifold. 280z drive line

028, if you want a good turbo, a rb20det one is a good match, spools a lot quicker and is hell as smooth, Fitting is bolt on, you need the rb dump pipe. And a custom outlet to clear the intake manifold.

You could run a vg30et one, which would produce more power. I was running a rb20et one for 2 years, made around 140+rwkw on 16psi, Was alot of fun in a 1100kg r30 :)

• 1 month later...

man had to rescue this from a couple pages back.

As for the brakes, you could just get the rotors skimmed and some new pads. Those rear calipers look to be the same funny ones from S110 silvias - so long as you have good pads in the rear you shouldn't need to do an upgrade. There is/was an S110 at pick a part in auckland with what looked to be brand new rear brakes (new rotors, pads etc), its a shame you're far away.

when I first got the Eterna new rotors were going to be minimum $300 each for the front, I ended up just getting them machined for $30 and fitted heavy duty pads and it pulls up mint.

It's looking good on those wheels