confused boes -Link question

CaMpylobacter

confused boes.

When buying a link. wtf does loom length mean. jsut went to order mine, thoght, 200mm = WTF. 2m FTW. dude was like 'boe that's a h00j loom'

so. my question....

does the loom just entail, an ECU - 'mainplug' type loom, then you build it to suit form there, or what?

replys would be eagerly received by tomorrow lunchtime

Yeap, 200mm is the standard that comes with the link g3 as far as I'm aware. Bare in mind that it will probably be mounted beneath the dash and go straight through to the engine, where you only really need injectors, dizzy, a couple sensors and power, so you won't be needing to wrap it around the car 3 times :P

whats the easiest way to make a manifold for itbs? Do you cut a flange of of your standard intake and then the 20v intake and just weld them together with joining pipes or is it just as easy to fabricate the whole thing from scratch?

I think ITB's is a better option than fucking around with carbs now, simply because of purchasing a link anyway.. it really makes ITB's the obvious decision.

Try get a gasket/template for either end, send them to this chap http://www.oldschool.co.nz/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=9615 say Hey Boe then take the plates he cuts somewhere, most likely the pipes will need to angled and different sizes at either end. mad mission to build.

Got a pic of your stock inlet manifold? 1 or 2 piece? could maybe use stock runners to a plenum with the ITBS, bolted onto the front of it.

Dunno Engine bay pics plz

Well they aren't even individual runners in a conventional sence, it is pretty much one solid chunk of intake manifold that starts to curve down just after the fuel rail bolts on to it so it will be less than ideal to use. Thats what I did have in the back of my mind though.

Hmm... I do wonder if that chap will do any favours for me :oops::lol:

whats the easiest way to make a manifold for itbs? Do you cut a flange of of your standard intake and then the 20v intake and just weld them together with joining pipes or is it just as easy to fabricate the whole thing from scratch?

I think ITB's is a better option than fucking around with carbs now, simply because of purchasing a link anyway.. it really makes ITB's the obvious decision.

I'm going scratch built prolly.

sis' new bf = apprentice stz at a place that does profile cutting and shit.

hookups, or smash him. seriously

also, bike carbs FTMFW over sidies, but injection pwns all. I'm only going itbs for wank factor/more topend

dunno whats been said yet, but rock the longest one boe

helped/watched a mate wire his link, he = " bro, fucken if you get a link use their wires wherever possible, then you have it written ALLLLLL down in the wiring maunal if things turn to shit/you wire it wrong, all colour descritions etc"