link ecus

mark105

the old mans sponsor has gone out n brought them a sr20det for the rally car cause they want them to go faster but the thing has a link ecu tho they dunno anything bout it sept that the previous owners couldnt get the thing to run.

he hasnt gotten me a model number yet but hes prety sure its one of the older like G1 link ecus and what he wants to know is does he need a hand held to program the thing? also what other places can you get info on the things other then just ringing link up?

cheers for the helps ill get more info outta dad as to what hes got.

they will take it to some one to get tuned tho being a rally car they like to know as much bout their car as possible as shops aint always open to help out when something fucks up mid rally.

also do most link ecu's support data logging? as its something they want to do as if anything electrical wise dies they can download the thing and have a better idea whats wrong.

cheers for the helps ill get more info outta dad as to what hes got.

That would really help as there's a heap of different versions

they will take it to some one to get tuned tho being a rally car they like to know as much bout their car as possible as shops aint always open to help out when something fucks up mid rally.

also do most link ecu's support data logging? as its something they want to do as if anything electrical wise dies they can download the thing and have a better idea whats wrong.

Old one's no new ones I think so.....

Oh,awesome.Can't wait to see it running.

Make sure you take pictures of the conversion and the mounts,i'm going to need them in the near future. :wink:

yeh should be very interesting they looking to put themselves into the top 10 of the targa with it. this stage its lined up to be in next years targa with that engine as they have alot of testing and tuning to do on it and they have spent so much on the 2L avenger block that they will be running that in atleast targa rotorua this year and possibly the main targa (sponsor deciding)

they arent worried bout their shell as she is getting prety battered and if any one saw classic car of the last years targa of her nearly a meter of the ground they kinda bent a few things on that landing.

as for getting another ecu they arent looking to spend the $2000 needed, they braught the sr20 as it had all the gear it was a matter of getting it going. they now have the hand held for it comming too so that will be good, will have talk to dad tonight asked him to the link info but i cannot decrypt his hand writing to know what he wrote.

yeh should move, cars an avenger also, one of the later model Chrysler ones, this is being setup for targa so 240 clicks is a bit quick as there is a 200kph speed restriction so this machine is setup to corner only place they get left behind is the straights atm the avenger block doesnt quite have the acceleration coz of lower hp so its where they are hopin the SR20 will make up the time.

k well got the info from dad what little of it there is.

engine SR20DET out of a S14 silvia.

link box now this gets tricky as dad said there was no code on it but it did have a separate ignition setup, knock sensor and lamdalink and it has a 16pin serial like connection on the box that was all he could get so any one have any idea?

they are looking at just doing away with that link ecu now and getting a new one as having a hard time with the one they got and the thing never ran on it anyways. so if i rang link theyd prolly try sell me the newest thing they got, so you link experts what do you think to run a sr20 nicely?