alternator pulley removal of crank shaft

mark105

the person who previously stuck my motor together must have bastardised it together or something cause the the bolts are unbelievably tight. so i have the problem of i need to take the head of but the damn cam belt cover is behind the alternator belt pully so i gotta get it off but how is where im stuck cause the thing is so bloody tight.

so any body got any ideas?

behind the alternator belt pully so i gotta get it off but how is where im stuck cause the thing is so bloody tight.

so any body got any ideas?

You tryin to get the pulley off the alternator? or am I drunk (already)?

Or you tryin to remove whole alternator?

edit: nevermind... just got it into my friggin head...

no slots in anything to wedge a bar thru????

not a left hand thread is it?

dunno if im keen for that stz. i got the fkn jack handle out n swung on it, that = like 1.5m of leverage and no budge in bolt at all :\ dun think this shit is commin of the easy way.

shockloading's pretty much the only way then, if not by a meaty impact gfun, then by the aforementioned method

yea you can try shock lod by tapping the socket with a hammer and punch or suitable piece of steel while you have some wieght on the powerbar , this is the only way i can usually get saf axles of haha , or the left hand thread have been part of a team that twisted the end of a 1" powerbar by tryna 'undo' a left hand thead :lol: , at worst some prick has put the wrong thread down the hole and your gonna have to drill it out etc

nah shes definatly not a lefty thread so it must just be done up FKN tight.

whack the leads of and jimmy the power bar up n flick it over for a second a few times u reakon aye, might give it a try tomoz when the old mans not home to lol at me for doin dodge stuff.