carb conversion

mk2 gt

i want the sound of some sidy's and i think a set of side drafts with tumpets would look far better than a plenum etc. i also talked to a guy about putting black top quad throttle bodies on my 4age and he said waste of time you wont gain anything

You should probably talk to a few more people before making your mind up then.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sexychevette
One thing you guys haven't factored in on the carb setup is a dizzy, need to put a few $$$ aside to solve that problem.

Callum

3au? lol i have no idea hahahahaha. 4afe? nah thats stupider.

It wouldn't be hard to sort something out. I've seen literally sooo many setups on 4ages for carbs. These rang from simply putting a random suitable distributer in the powersteering bracket to using different distributers in place of the original. Also, simple electronic kits can be made up using the standard dizzy as a CAS effectively.

But seriously, if you want the sound and feel of sidies then how can a standard plenum with the tvis system still connected compare to that? It will probably make the same power, but would you compare them to eachother?

Also dunno about using tvis in carb setup, can see big butterflys making very nice de-atomisers :?

in my setup i've still got the tvis plate in but with the 4 butterflys removed, for this reason.

although if the 4age your running is a small port you wouldnt run into these troubles.