ke26 drive train

mark105

my basic plan atm is to have a 2T-GB with T50 box to power my ke26. all i plan to do to the 2T is cams so it will be prety stock.

what im not sure about is if i could use the stock diff with that or will it just break it once i stick some load on it? it will be my daily driver so it wont get thrashed but plan to have some fun now n then.

other option could be to stick an lsd diff head on it but im unsure how much difference that would make.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My mate used to have a ke35 with a 3t in it. The mounts were modified to get it in there but it seems to be a very simple mod. You will need to engine mounts and probably gearbox xmember mods to get it in there so the extra $150 it will cost to get a drive shaft shortened is pretty minimal, so you might aswell just try and hunt down a fuked doner car to get everything from.

Oh and the B at the end for twin carbs is only used on single cam/push rod engines, not twincam. For example 4K-B or 2T-B, but a twin sidie 2T-G doesn't have a B after it. Does that make any sense?

oh ok i was expecting more then $150 to shorten the axle up to fit, if thats case might as well do that.

Driveshaft, not axel. Last time I got mine done it was about $120 from that place on Killarny Rd.

Axels are another story :wink:

Guest kornstar
oh ok i was expecting more then $150 to shorten the axle up to fit, if thats case might as well do that.

Driveshaft, not axel. Last time I got mine done it was about $120 from that place on Killarny Rd.

killarney road?

what place is that yo?

ahh i ment drive shaftS and axel as even the T series is to wide. according to this man anyways

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motor ... 354897.htm

i know the drive shaft is easy my dad can do that for me.

sorry for mis understanding thats why i wanted to keep the original diff as i didn't want to have to go shortening one up to fit.

wonder how wide it is in teh car, could get away with some fwd offset rims mabye

yeh i had a chat to the old man bout it and we measured it up and with some flares and off set rims you can get away with it. cause its 7cm either side you can get 3-4cm of that by just flaring the guards and there is a heap of room to do that. the TE27 is actually bout the same width as i have seen one and dad thinks they get away with 90% of the wider axle with the flares.

70mm wider overall or either side, resulting in 140mm overall? If so 140mm is probably way too much to try and hide under the guards or with offset. You will do it but it will look like shit I would think. I'm pretty sure getting a diff shortened isn't major. Just shortening the housing and the axles slightly. Shouldn't be massive amounts.

Hey man, just to be pretty blunt and honest here, I wouldnt really go about with a t sereis motor, I understand that, yes they are cheap, and easy to find, but at the end of the day, a blue top 4age is going to be a much better option.... Trust me, a 2t motor weighs about the same as a school bus full of Pedefiles, and revs not so much, but is kinda torque, where was 4age is light ,revs nuts, goes hard, and can make for many diffrent options in the futre (turbo, super charge whatever)

Just something I had to get out, but yyeah, its your car man, and nice choice of Weapon, ke26 are by far sex on wheels.

Seedy Al

yeh my dad said i should put a 4a-ge in it also, i dont really have any reasoning behind wanting to put a 2t-g in it. guess both would be just as easy to put in just thort with the T series stuff it would be easyer to decide what to put in as i could just stick to the same series of gear.

all comes down to money to do so prety much, guess if i wanted to spend little as possible id keep the good old 3k thats in it but then what fun would that be for getting up hills :P

Hey man, just to be pretty blunt and honest here, I wouldnt really go about with a t sereis motor, I understand that, yes they are cheap, and easy to find, but at the end of the day, a blue top 4age is going to be a much better option.... Trust me, a 2t motor weighs about the same as a school bus full of Pedefiles, and revs not so much, but is kinda torque, where was 4age is light ,revs nuts, goes hard, and can make for many diffrent options in the futre (turbo, super charge whatever)

Just something I had to get out, but yyeah, its your car man, and nice choice of Weapon, ke26 are by far sex on wheels.

Seedy Al

I agree with everything there, but to be honest theres a 4age in everything now and alot are coming along turbo. Don't get me wrong, they are great engines but when was the last time you saw a nice worked 2T-G worked in a decent car? The last I saw was years ago in a TA22 and it was a beautifull car.

I was almost going to suggest other engine options but I like the thought of a te27 wagon.

te26doesntexist-1.jpg

I can't find any pictures of the formula atlantic 2t's but I'm sure they are very tunable. Race spec motors of the era were superior to alfa, lotus and ford equivalents, including the 16v bda engines that get wanked on about alot these days. Theres alot of sites that talk about this if you google the engines, but heres one I found just quickly.

http://www.toysport.com/Technical%20Inf ... _notes.htm

yeh thats basicly it a 4age has been stuck in everything just about (slight exaggeration but u get the point) and yeh a TE27 wagon has a nice ring to it, i thought it would be nice to keep all the components the same era of the car, so thus staying true old skool :)

yeh 70mm either side 140mm over all and i dunno i think its doable, the TE27 is prety damn close to a KE25.

i guess once i get one and try it out (have to get shell all fixed up first) we will see anyways.

ok that T series diff was actually 1.4 meters to wide for a ke25 dunno how as wtf T series something was that damn wide!

t series diff can fit just fits out a bit

img0496zp6.th.jpg

my t series came from an aa60 carina and it had 195/60/14 on 14x6.5 rwd offset rims in that photo, 17x7 fwd offset fit just under the small molded flares the car has, with 15x7 0 offset i am hoping to cover the tyres with 2 inch bolt on flares