ke26 drive train

mark105

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

haha they sit the car on it's sills on top of pairs of steelies welded together so you can drop the running gear out. the driveshaft is already unbolted for you :wink:

theres a ke35 sr coupe and ke70 wagon there too. also an rt81 rona so dont get em mixed up. the rt81 has a smaller diff.

heh yeah i grabbed the shaft hoping it would be spot on for length to fit a W box in a ke70 with F series diff as i had to shorten an rt116 shaft previously... but nah its like 30-40mm too long just like the 116 shaft. it wont fit a k50 or t50 without cut/swap the W50 size yolk. if you want it i only live down the road from takanini pickas.. when you coming up? cost me $26 so you can have it for that if keen.

4tgte, yeah that'd be nice.. but they're essentially a 3tgte with a few internal differences. 180hp from factory is not hard to get out of a 3tgte either. could've bought a 4tgte for $2500 + shipping last year :shock:

and yes it will fit in, seen many done.

40grit on an orbital seems to rip shit and bust, chews away bog easy but the metal too, i'd say the fastest way to do it. paint stripper is pretty yuk to work with but wont eat the metal and good for non flat panels and corners

yeh $26 im keen, what box is in the corona down there? got the bigger spline on it has it?

as for a 4tgte

4T-GTE (2.1L)

This is the race-only version of the T family which powered Toyota's Group B and World Rally Championship cars. As the name implies, it is a 2090cc high-performance DOHC KKK turbo motor with fuel injection and uses a twin-spark design, which produces 370 to 600 hp depending on race trim.

they thinkin a bit more then 180hp so for $2500 you shoulda snapped that up.

shipping from the malaysia would be $500-$1000 on top. have a search on http://www.toyota3tc.com forum for the thead. toycoolrolla was selling it.

ha nah theres various versions.. the 4tgte that came in the production ta64 celica's (i think there were about 200 made for homologation purposes) were only slightly larger bore than 3tgte so still 1800 non intercooled but made 180hp. the race versions were bored/stroked to 2.1 with the kkk turbo n shiz.

yeah the driveshaft is the big 21spline yolk to suit W50, W55, G52, A340 etc etc but bolts up to the 6.38", 6.7" and the smaller size 7.5" pinion flange. can redrill the flange to fit the other 7.5" and G series 8" hilux etc. the uni's are a reasonable size.. suit 1600 turbs etc. same uni's as my ke70 with 160rwhp

oh true didnt know they made smaller homologated versions be pwn as if it was a 2.1L KKK turbo.

sounds like driveshaft will suit me fine just needa stick the right spline on it and possibly shorten it and all good. dont plan to make a hell of alot of hp with the wagon just enuf to have some fun with.