pinto frost plug sizes

d.p.n.s

cant remember but got a funny one for ya i brought a mk5 sport in timaru years ago while driving it home it went bang and crap flew out of the bonnet at first it thought it was oil and shit but after nursing it home lifted the lid and the horry of a previous owner had a self tapping screw and no more nails in the frost plug ill never forget that lol

also pay the extra few cents and get brass ones, rather than steel ones.

Depends, the brass can react with the iron block, that = bad. Brass is good for Alloy block/heads. Either that or the other way around..

Or.. not at all.. My memory is bad, so.. could have made it all up.

brass doesnt rust, i found that out when i had to redo one of my frost plugs. it was the one at the very rear of the engine so had to rip the engine out to do it which was a pain for a couple of dollar part. it was steel and had rust holes in it and all the ones on the sides were brass and sweet. when i went to get a full set to replace them all, they gave me all brass except the one at the back, they gave me a steel one :shock: , i made them order in a brass one.