Retrotech Throttle Body Injection. Get rid of that Webber!

nismo.capri

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen but I'm 99% sure... Nissan make rocking good engines!

When did a bad enjine last come out of rice land????

The toyota 6cyl smog motor that cracks heads like no tomorrow was a nasty piece of work.... mitsubishi had some shitters too mainly due to crap metallurgy. There have been the odd one or 2 but generally the Japs build solid power plants.

to be honest if you want to drive a rice rocket. Why not spend half the cash and buy one?

Obviously because I don't want to drive a rice rocket. :rolleyes:

Why does the engine make it a rice rocket?

What would have you said if I'd dropped a ford 460 in there "why didn't you buy a mustang"?

Much easier than putting on in a shitter that will never handle as well.

You answered your own question, I don't want easy. I want something unique. You might be happy being a sheep and following the flock I have the abillity to do something differnt and I'd get sick of being yet another worked skyline

As for the handling what's wrong with McPherson struts?

Jappers still come out with them. Yes the ford implimetation of the 70's isn't flash but my setup is adjustable in every direction caster/camber/ height/toe.

The live rear axle isn't as good as an IRS in the corners but a properly setup stick axle is better for getting the power down on the straights.

Check out the RS3100 with 405HP http://homepage.mac.com/frank_de_jong/P ... 0Cars.html

Got any pictures of the adaption kit? Might buy one even if it doesn't get used straight away, how much playing around do you have to do, haven't set up EFI before. Straight forward or big job?

Nope sorry waiting to hear back from the cutters today pics will be up asap. If you have done efi before it's a straight fwd big job :wink:

It's wiring mainly so if you can do decent wiring it's no biggie

Here's what they look like on

inlet.jpg

honestly I'd rather pay more and have you get all the bits needed, bar ecu maybe, and you can make sure its in good condition or whatever, im sure you'd make more $$ too

Did you read the first post? :wink:

I'm also looking at rebuilding a few TBI's which involes them getting stripped, cleaned, all screws replaced with cap screws and all the steel parts replated like mine in the pictures. I need to work out a price however....

• 2 months later...
and a return line to tank ,a regulater,

Built in regulator on the TBI and me being a cheap cunt used the existing fuel line as the return :wink:

and relays for pump etc. and in most older cars a pre pump and a surge tank.

I don't run a surge and the esky van has a drop tank (worst shape for not running a surge) but it only sucks air once it's half way in to the red.

how do ya think it would go with 2 bolted together on a 4 barrel manifold?

Sweet as, 2 will have enough flow to support at least 320HP (the 3.9 is rated at 160HP) but I'm sure there's enough room to support 180HP.

so adapters are for any car with the matching weber manifold correct?

this is a interesting topic for me as im going to be super charging a 5k once i get my hands on one and a setup like this would be much better then blow thru or suck thru carbs i would imagine.

so adapters are for any car with the matching weber manifold correct?

Yep if it had a weber 2 bbl this is a bolt on replacement

this is a interesting topic for me as im going to be super charging a 5k once i get my hands on one and a setup like this would be much better then blow thru or suck thru carbs i would imagine.

Yes it would. The Fuel Pressure Reg has a port sence the preesure where the injectors are so it should have no problem running blow through or suck through.