4g63 D.A.S.H

Dicey

Hey i just got a turbo dash motor and the block is a bit fucked big lip and all ,I was wondering wat i shud do,hone it out and put oversized pistons in ,hone it out and just put the standards back in or try 2 find another block plus i was wondering if the dash block its different form a regular 2l 4g63t block from like a fwd sigma??? any help woud but a great

cheers Dicey

As far as I know the DASH block itself is the same as any other turbo SOHC 4G63 - with two variants: the wideblock RWD for the Starion, and the narrowblock FWD for the Eterna HT.

The main difference is the crankshaft, rods and pistons (which are same as the VR-4 4G63 16V beleive it or not) and of course the head and manifolds.

If you are doing a full on rebuild and replacing the pistons anyway you might as well just bore it out and fit oversize pistons. You'll probably only have to bore it out 0.020" (0.5mm).

What car is it going into just out of curiousity?

4 exhaust, 4 normal size inlet and 4 smaller inlet which kick in over 2500ish rpm via oil pressure solenoid. Should have checked, but I believe the exhaust valves are bigger diameter.

Afaik, SOHC 4g63s are non interfenrance, but can't say for sure on Dash head.

DASH head is 12 valves. Yes it's strange the DASH has 16V pistons but that's how they were from the factory. The 8V 4G62/4G63 engines have cutouts for 3 valves for cylinder so it's nothing out of the ordinary. The DASH engine was pretty much the research and development engine for the VR-4 4G63 DOHC. The bottom end is the same anyway.