no bumps merc

nobumps

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

mate you need to get up with the times its goin down to krystal klear for bare met inside out getting sandblasted and shit so gota strip everything ya thyre small dents whole gaurd was filled with filler haha someone had a good go at it wot colour do you rekon im stumpd om pretty kean on gloos black aye

YA WAS THINKNG THAT MAYB A DEEP CANDY BURGANDY OR DARK RED WITH A HEAVY METALFLAKE SILVER ROOF 50'S STYLE CUSTOM THATS THE LOOK IM AFTER AS IM SHAVING EVERYTHING I CAN ON IT PRETTY MUCH BUT STILL HOO HUMMING

Haha fuk your sentances are crack up no fullstops an shit. Sounds like you have the colour thing sorted. Sounds mean! I've heard that heavy metal flake shit appears as a deep pearl rather than a glittery finish. We are planning on coming up this weekend too. If the gem makes it to aucks. Theres a dude on here putting a 1uz into the capri that I was tleling you about. Probly the man to talk to about the sussing the engine out.

was fucking round and found this:

"Dear Certed,

I have a 190e Merc that im doin up and im in the process of shavin off my door handles. Ive got it all workin an stuff but before i finish it all i just wanted to know whether (a) I need a cert for it. and (B) what I need to do to be able to get a cert. Ive got the opening mechanism workin off of my central lockin solenoids im going to re-wire it so its all electrical and have my door open off my alarm remote. Can i do this i heard you have to have a way of opening the door from the out side an it has to be mechanical rather than electrical like i wanna do.

Cheers, Tony 2LOW50

Hi Tony,

The law of the land says that if you modify any part of a vehicle in a way that could affect any safety-related legal requirement, it must be low volume certified. Door retention systems are covered by safety-related legal requirements (LTSA have a whole Rule about them), so yes, what you are doing does need to be certified.

LVVTA's low volume vehicle standard allows shaved exterior door handles, and for electric solenoid systems to be installed.

To follow are the relevant clauses from LVVTA Low Volume Standard 155-20(01) Door Retention Systems:

2.6(3) An exterior door handle or other opening device may be positioned in a hidden location on a low volume vehicle, provided that either:

(a) the location is such that the handle or opening device is shielded or protected to prevent unintentional activation by contact from road debris; or

(B) the handle or opening device is positioned in such a way so as not to be able to be unintentionally activated.

2.6(4) A door fitted to a low volume vehicle may be opened from outside the vehicle, if fitted with:

(a) a fixed electrically-operated unlatching device; or

(B) a remotely operated and electrically operated unlatching device, provided that a fail-safe inter-lock system is incorporated to prevent unlatching of the doors unless:

(i) the ignition system is switched off; and

(ii) a gearbox inhibitor switch operating only in neutral and park, is engaged.

The main thrust of these regs are:

that the doors must be able to be opened from the inside by a mechanical means (no electrics); and

opening the doors from the exterior can be done electrically.

However, although doors can be unlocked by remote, they shouldn't be unlatched by remote. This is because of the risk of doors being opened when you don't want them to while travelling, by interference from some other source like a microwave speed detector. There is at least one American kit that does enable remote unlatching without safety risks, by cutting out the ability for the system to operate when the ignition is on or the vehicle is in gear. Talk to an lvv certifier with a hot rod background for help on this.

Cheers, Old Hoon"

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Duno thinking silver. yeah wait until all done then i can put it on the ground and get some half decent shots, may leave it there and get him to cut the mounts for the front frame so its on its tits haha, just gota see how it all sits first with the bags back in. Got those wheels done yet?

Duno thinking silver. yeah wait until all done then i can put it on the ground and get some half decent shots, may leave it there and get him to cut the mounts for the front frame so its on its tits haha, just gota see how it all sits first with the bags back in. Got those wheels done yet?

Yeah silver would look sweet. I was gunna say black. Black manifold would look cool, but they look good so why hide them.

You might aswell get those things cut. It won't cost bugger all to get it done while its sitting in there anyway. Plus it will mean that you only need to change the back when a new diff goes in to get it sitting on the ground.

My wheels are all grinded. Tyres are in apparantly so should be all go this weekend. But no doubt I will probably run into some other issues like usual. Still keen to help paint them this weekend? I hear your staying up. I'll give you a txt anyway.

• 2 months later...
Guest John-o

6 and a half months? damn man.... what a cunt...

but hell- it looks good, especially with the exhaust out the side

and yeah, youve got waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much height at the front

:lol:

fucken nice with hubbies