sulphur aditives?

davidian

not sure,what would it improve/help?

i think older diesels were made to run on fuel which contained sulphur and now that diesel from the pump doesnt contain it, some seals can fuck out alot quicker.

so a substitute would fix that

shiiit 1600 that expensive me = can re-seal a pump with my eyes close did soo fukin many of them top o-rings keep fuking out due to no sulfer , umm is there that bio diesel shit does that contain some sort of additive??

nothing happens to the engines. just that the seals in the injector pump can begin to leak if the pump hasnt been serviced in ages. no biggy etc. other countries have been on low sulphur for years, hence why you see alot of jap import diesels smoking 'ardcore. our diesel = shit, even now.

'tis good for the euro diesels though i guess, more will filter through now that we have half pie decent diesel. awesome...

I think the reason they shit out it that older rubber seals are sulphur crosslink (= the rubber is cooked with sulphur in it) and modern ones use peroxide cures....

ANYWAY -

I think they way they remove sulphur is by adding stuff to the fuel.... that 'captures' sulphur-

= sulphur pulled out of old seals = they fall apart

LMAO @ me..... I work with it all day, spell it Sulfur all day... then shank it here - well done.

Anyway - As far as finding a sulfur substitute - I dont think the sulfur in fuel is free sulfur. Its bound up with the rings and chains of the bits that make fuel up. So I dont think adding sulfur in will fix your problem (selenium or Tellurium will bond preferentially with the stuff that removes sulfur - if Im right with that being the problem - but its would be cheaper to pay $1500 to get your seals replaced..... so

IRT #1

No

O/T: Just to be pedantic, the internation standard way of spelling the word changed from sulphur to sulfur in 1990 :wink:

So do we say fosforus too? kloreen? pootonium?

It's latin for fuck's sakes... can't people just leave shit alone?

I also noticed the international way of spelling international has changed to internation... Is that being pedantic? :lol: