what kind of turbo?

corrupt

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

torque curve = teh drops @ 4000rpm, engine struggling past that shit. poo...

no it doesn't fool.

Stick a cam in it and she's good for 7,000rpm. Stick rods in and good for 7,500-8,000rpm.

not that that even matters for turbo. mild cam.. 6,000rpm limited, 8psi with a little T25, factory internals = 170bhp

t3 off some eurotrash and use that.

)

like what? somehow i dont think manu euros would sport a t3..

i need one

well the mg montego's run a t3 and saab 9000 turbo run a low flow t3 as well (with factory external wastegate) there the only two i own but seen others when working at wreakers.

and corrupt yo can run any seals you want if running blow tho.

the plan is to setup a blow thru setup on the engine, see what its like, see if i can get it running ok or what not, and eventially inject when i get the money, still a little school kid here. i heard that suckthru setups are shit, and blow thru is the way to go, so i decided to just go blow thru so itll all be setup for when i get round to injecting it :?: now, turbos what is my best bet out of the vf subaru range on trademe? i dont want to go screw the internals in my engine so looking at something that wont boost too high, i know you say get garrett etc, but im poor, and just experimenting at this stage.

that mean

cheers for letting know. do you know what deltas run? my one had a saab modded t3, my mates one- about 3 years newer had a Garret. euro might be the go after all

Delta 1600 has a T2

Delta HF 4WD has a T3 50 trim

Delta Integrale 8V T3/4

Delta Integrale 16V T3

Delta Integrale Evo T3

Thema/Croma 8V T3 50 trim

Thema 16V T3 50 trim

Thema 16V S3, T3 (smaller than S2)

Integrale 8V got the biggest turbo, a big factory T3/4. They actually got progressively smaller after that.

T3's are common as on 80's euros.

Get a R32 skyline ball bearing turbo they sell for about $200 on trademe I just bought one for less but thats about the standard price on them. Zep has one swears by it so now I have one to. You can set the carb up to run alright mines awsome but you will want to go injection in the end I am.

Guest turbo mazda

THE vf10 IS A GREAT TURBO FOR THE MONEY

sure its not the best thing since sliced bread but you can get a good one for $150.

youd be lucky(very very lucky) to get a half decent t25G or t 28 for under$300, and as your only running low boost it will be great street turbo.

lets face it...anything thats got a garret flage or mitsi flange is gonna be sought after and therefore expensive.

if it was me i'd prob go for something like a tdo5h off a vr4. if you want to use the VF range use a VF8 rather than a VF10 (8 is bigger) or a VF12 is about the same size as a 8 but compressor is 1mm bigger again.

r32 BB is a good turbo but if i remember right they run cermic wheels and have a tendency to shatter.

for a really good turbo i'd use a r32 housing machined out with a series 4/5 rx7 turbo inside it. or maybe even just use rx7 turbo... there cheap aswell

r32 BB is a good turbo but if i remember right they run cermic wheels and have a tendency to shatter.

Not all of them were ceramic and their ok under 12psi its only when their pushed they shatter or so I've read.

yea i thougth it was about 14psi... but yea same diference :lol:

its hardly a mega cooler its medium to small, it just what fitted in the space nicely behind the grill without butchering up any metal. im also future proofing, might change my mind about the sc, and go turb instead in the future etc. lag? thought superchargers didnt lag like turbos? so wouldnt i get more lag if it was turbo'd? explain :?