ex lancer...start ya bastard!

Guest rotorgoround

Guest rotorgoround

hey people, i have a 4g32b lancer n hav just replaced all gaskets and belts, the timing isnt perfect but im unsure how to fix that. anywho, the main problem now is the starting. since replacing all gaskets and belts the car has had trouble starting when warm, it turns over very slowly and has no chance of starting unless u hook reverse and crash it. it starts mint when cold though. anyone know what could be causing this? compression is now 150psi in every cylinder if thats relevant? cheers!

Guest rotorgoround

haha yea local gas station used to me leaving it running now! does this mean the timing is most likely advanced or retarded? and able to be sorted by moving dizzy a bit? cheers for tha fast replys ay!

Guest rotorgoround

hmm ok well i went ot and invested in a timing light and played around with it a bit, didnt notice too much difference but cranked it up to 15 degrees BTDC (left) and she idles a touch smoother now, but im still getting the whole "not starting when warm" bullshit.

i found that if i pump the gas a few times with ignition in ON position

then it starts fine...the dude at local garage suggested vapour lock? :? cock in nostril ay..

Guest rotorgoround

yup got brand new NGK sparkies n 8mm leads, did preti much everything when i did tha gaskets n belts. i had another toy around with tha timing tonight and its running better, i took it for a drive down the road and back to get it a bit warm and it started fine. but will hold my breath n c wat its like this wkend when it does sum decent miles 8) cheers

When I put the turbo on my car I locked the dizzy and eventualy set the static timing at 22 degrees had to back that off 2 degrees after about a week after I went back to work because it was hard to start sometimes and make me late. I put champian gold plugs in last week and its back on 22 degrees with no starting probs :? So try differant plugs I had brand new bosch's before that.

• 7 months later...
Guest ryong963

Hey Mitsubishi Dealers reckon that these motor's run best 8 degrees before top dead centre. I've just re'cond my 4G32 and it runs smooth as