TRD Chick's 1979 KE30

Alfadog

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my old daily is a 111.... but am trying to sus out my mates ones from his gtz... will see how i get on... what do u want for your seats? are they mint???

miniman, your right, dont have to have back seatbelts in pre 80s cars as my crown had them, and i took them out, which i will be doing again with my ke..... :D

does anyone know what back seats fit into corollas??? my back seats munted, and im thinking if i go and put levin seats in the rfont, can i fit a levin seat in the back? im guessing it may be too wide???

any suggestions?

rears from levins if you're thinking bout them. the top/back folds down to extend boot space. fronts will just be a matter of making brackets to suit the ke30 mounts to levin rails, unless they bolt up

So why couldnt you just make brakets and bolt the whole seat down? 99% of modern cars have fold down seats in the rear so your gunna have to make brackets with whatever you use...

It will probably cost more or less the same to retrim the original back seat to match the levin fronts?

hey, i wonder if ke35 sr coupe seats will fit. or even just the back seat? i saw one down the rd the other day. i could swing by and see if the guy wants to flick the seats, cos the body was shocking on it.. :)

hey stretch there is some top hats on trade me some chicky is selling.... i will try find the link....

and 4GAZIM i think sr seats would fit, if you could ask him that would be great, cos at the mo the only mint seats ive found are in palmy and he wants $200 for them!!! :shock:

hey stretch there is some top hats on trade me some chicky is selling.... i will try find the link....

and 4GAZIM i think sr seats would fit, if you could ask him that would be great, cos at the mo the only mint seats ive found are in palmy and he wants $200 for them!!! :shock:

i went to see the guy who has the sr coupe, twice, finally got hold of him. and he reckons that he is doing the old girl up.. so, no luck on the seat story at this end,, sorry :(

dumb as..... i have a mate that has got a parts car, picking it up this week, so if theres seats in that im taking them. otherwise can get me a pair of buckets for $300. they bolt straight in, so that mite be the deal....

doesnt look like it will be on the road for summer drags tho :cry:

dumb as..... i have a mate that has got a parts car, picking it up this week, so if theres seats in that im taking them. otherwise can get me a pair of buckets for $300. they bolt straight in, so that mite be the deal....

doesnt look like it will be on the road for summer drags tho :cry:

buckets would be a cool option, just dont forget that you will have to go through with certification before wof and that costs quite abit these days. sounds like a cheap set of buckets tho, good score :)

nah these buckies bolt onto the seat rails for the standard seats, thus no modification to seat rails or "oem" (?) which menas i dont have to get a cert for it.......

altho i dont really wanna make it look like its fast or anything, so im not really keen on the idea :?

well there ya go :o if ya can get them in with no cert then it would be well worth it, considering that with the suspension mods, it is going to handle nicely and maintain good speed while cornering. haha, it'll save you from flyin from the door to the handbrake lever and back, each corner :) and they look cool too :D