RT's Capri

Guest madrx4

i would say 10 or less, i think mines about 5.

RT, depends what you want ey, that will work sweet for swerving here and there, but if you throw it into a sweeper hard for a few seconds... those "little gaps" will let your oil out pretty quickly. you did say "not a track car" though, and you probably wont go too nuts with your precious project on normal roads.

how much volume would you say is below that plate?

if you can get the specs for the oil pump, you can calculate how long it will last at X revs with only that supply.

thats why i added 2l of wings. when it goes any given direction, there is 0.5l above it to fall down and get swallowed by the pump. additional to the normal volume around the pickup on any given side.

fred.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

with the main sump at the back you will never have any acceleration issues.

most of my issues were under braking.

as low as 50kph i had oil lights coming on. from 130 it was on from about 110 down to 0 in the skyline. not good. ute should show no such issues. i never had any issues in any fwd car though, which kinda proves that its only decel thats the real issue.

Holly crap man, $30k! there is no way im spending anywhere near that!!..

I hope. like Rich says, its not that expensive to stiffen a car, just do it myself and with the help of mates.

I Just scored a sweet job last week! that will help me get stuck into it, Im now a Pilot for Air New Zealand link! whooop whoop.

• 2 months later...

Are you looking for the pointer on the outside to match up with the crank/dampnerfor the timing? I attached a home made one on mine, its on the left looking at the back of the car, by the dipstick, thats if its the same tho as yours is a roller motor.

it should make around 350hp odd

yeah the roller cam blocks are different I think.. dipstick is on the right hand side by number 3 cylinder. (facing the engine)

yeah I got it roughly at TDC last night and had a look where the timing mark on the dampner points to.. and there is nothing really there. It points to a bolt on the timing cover on the left. (facing the engine) I'll take a pic

Here is a pic of mine, its on the left just above the gasket of the sump and under the water pump bolt. I am pretty sure that the windsor book said it should be 90 degrees clockwise though, but where my marker is it worked out fine.

P1020055.jpg

hmm weird... that lower timing cover bolt is roughly where mine lines up as per the marks on the dampner... but my cover just doesn't have that pointer on it at all? Makes things a bit tricky... it must have something to do with it being a later model engine roller cam job..

the strut brace?? um.. so far it's a total of abuot $10

I grabbed a brace off a jappa.. can't rememer what it was, and then removed the plates and getting my own cut out from 4mm steel plate. Laser cutting isn't expensive man, prolly $30 or something,

then I'll weld on some supports and bolt the bar in place, that way it's easily removeable as you don't have to unbolt the strut plates.

my mate works for RareSpares, he took them to a place beside his work. There is also a place over on Pages Rd.. or on a street off Pages. I've used them before too.

Yeah I can't wait to terrorise the streets too man. :evil:

• 2 months later...