Sigma diff in an EX?

TygerTung

nah, that head won't fit the smaller EX diff housing unless you've got an EX1800 housing.

from the one's i've looked at (although i've never measured) the mounting points are exactly the same. i've heard this from a few places on the net as well. i think caboonatlarge had one but i'm not sure if he put it in but he might be worth talking to about it.

cheers

Matt

While they look the same it's actually slightly different.

The sigma arms are much too long as well.

I can see the only solution as being shortening the lower arm, and shorten the top arm and put the lancer end bit on where it bolts onto the body as the sigma one is bigger. Or you could weld the larger sigma bit on the lancer arm although it's about the same amount of work.

I'm getting a GSR sigma soon, it's got a disc brake rear end and legend says an LSD, but it's got a bent axel, will I be able to use the non turbo axel on it?

Nah don't want a turbo sigma, big, ugly, heavy and an ungainly car.

Plus it's de-rego and has a bent axel.

I like the lancer as it is small and light, handles brilliantly.

It's pretty different down here, noone really does them up and if they are they're usually pretty shitty. Lowered on stock wheels etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah you can convert to IRS, and it not tooo hard, but from talking to hardcore race guys that have done it they noticed VERY LITTLE benifit from doing it.

Im confused about the sigma diff now.Ive talked to about 5 ppl who have swarn that they have the sigma diff AND DIFF HOUSING.Therem are actually 2 types of diffs the sigma used, and 1 know dousnt fit.

If the sigma diffs dont fit then i guess i will have to look at using the GSR disc rear (good luck findng one) or a 1600 diff....

Meh

• 2 months later...

I'm going to stay live rear axel, it looks like the sigma diff head may fit into the lancer housing, I'll have to try that out.

Built up my starion dash bottom end with sigma head and cordia exhaust manifold and TC06 etc with custom multipoint injection, now the bloody engine is a wide bellhousing one! So now my gearbox won't bloody fit! Pain in the arse I'll tell you that!

slutted

surely a box to suit isn;'t that hard to find ?>

Way harder to find than a narow one, but I'm sure wide are stronger too.

Why didn't you change ya turbo? TC06s are shit apparently???? Tis What Idid, figured extra 380 or so was worth it