4G63 RWD fits 4G32 gearbox-wtf?

Guest redseven

Guest redseven

I thought the Fwd sigma 4g63 uses the GTO/16L gearbox? Ive got a RWD 4g63 that looks as though the 4G32 gearbox will fit fine (have measured but auto fly wheel still on 63) I thought these blocks were wider at the bell housing as well as the engine mounts? Am I missing something?

Guest redseven
N/A and turbo FWD 4g63's use a narrow block. only the RWD turbo 4g63 has the wide block

Ahh I see thanks for that, thats saved me some dollars, Ill reuse my 5 speed, If I took a photo of the box would you know what it was originaly off?

N/A and turbo FWD 4g63's use a narrow block. only the RWD turbo 4g63 has the wide block

Ahh I see thanks for that, thats saved me some dollars, Ill reuse my 5 speed, If I took a photo of the box would you know what it was originaly off?

not specifically but there is a difference between the 5 speeds used on the 4g51/2 and the 4g63, the 63 shifter further back.

not specifically but there is a difference between the 5 speeds used on the 4g51/2 and the 4g63, the 63 shifter further back.

Yuh, 32 gearbox should fit 52 no worries, shifter up the same place, but marginal on 63. I think you'll find the shaft isn't long enough to reach clutch etc

Guest redseven

What do you mean the shaft wont reach the clutch? you mean the box is longer, that I know, or are you talking about the spline that comes out of the gear box thru the clutch fork isnt long enough?

Guest redseven
when i put the 63 motor in mine i used the GTO 5 speed box. I tried using the flywheel and clutch from the 63 as well but it didn't work. so i put the flywheel and clutch from the 52 back in and it works real well.

Oh shit, so I better find out what the hell that box is off first, cheers.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

all the n/a 32 52 63 use the same gear box if you wanna use a turbo then you use a gear box out of a starion or a 54 which is the 2.6 engine from a ute they are the same as the 2.4 injeted in the vans if you waana non turb inj motor they match up to a turbo gear box as well