using oil hardcore but no leaks and not smokey AT all

WildPlumDx

Put kerosene in a weed sprayer, spray engine down (or use engine degreaser) and clean all, including everything under the engine.

Then run it, have a good look for leaks and you should find one. If not, Im out of ideas.

Whats is your car? My 4k leaked oil out from under the rocker cover (meh no biggie) but if your engines clean you wont see in

how much it heaps tho?

aooarently, word rom mitsi themselves, and written in alot of owners manuals

"1 litre of oil usage per 5000km is perfectly acceptable" on the petrol engines.....

I dont have any prob on teh diesel, 302km, 3000km overdue for oil change - hasnt used a drop.

also what kind of oil are you running?

using gtx the one in the white bottle maybe i shud do an oil change anyways why should i care about it i'm swapping it for another car today but kinda feel bad giving the dude a car that uses oil hardcore and i mean heaps of oil as in full on dip stick then tappets start getting noisey coz of not enuff oil in like 2-3 weeks! it doenst make sense! :?

my old car had oil leaking onto one of the mounts, into the xmember and then along the chassis rail... bit of a bitch when you look for 2 liters of oil that went missing and there is nothing on the floor...

sucks when you crawl under the car and your coveres in the shit though

If rings are worn quite evenly, but not got broken rings, it may not smoke. It could still be burning oil. It could be burning such a small amount that each time the piston comes to the top, you can't really see smoke.

If you leave it idling for a long time and then rev it, do you get blue smoke? If u do then that would indicate that the valve guides are worn and needs a head recon.